Do you ever tell people you bought a bag off eBay?

I certainly do, even if I don't get the bags there! You'd be surprised how many people in the UK don't use eBay and presume it is like a vast jumble sale where everything is really cheap. This impression comes in quite handy for me, when I buy an expensive bag and don't want to tell people what I paid for it. It's especially handy for misleading my husband!

Most people do not ask... they just assume that I paid full price... So I do not bother.

If someone ask I tell them the truth and if they have issues with it so be it..

There's nothing wrong with telling people where you bought a purse, even it is from eBay. Most ladies will be jealous that you got it for such a steal. Even better than eBay, you can buy, sell and trade your purses at fabulous stores like Epkin in Boca, epkin.com, to save big bucks.

It depends on who I'm talking to. If it's a good friend or someone I'm close to, I don't mind telling. But perhaps not someone I don't know very well or nosey coworkers, just in case they start asking all sorts of questions :P

I haven't bought a bag off ebay but I have bought a few vintage pieces from trad auction houses.

It would have to be a close friend/family member or fellow bagaholic for me to talk about where/when/£$E?. If they asked a straight question I would answer them truthfully. Why not, everyone loves a good deal.

Usually it's the other way around: Lots of my bags are purchased straightforwardly full-retail from a shop that shares it's name with the bag. It's not always prudent to tell people that, they would think I was mad as they'd rather have hundreds of bags they don't use or like but think they got bargains.

Yes, and if they haven't bought on e-Bay before, I volunteer my knowledge in helping them find an authentic deal, too. I once helped the pizza delivery kid find a great deal on a Coach for his sister for Christmas. He was very limited in money to spend, but wanted to get her a Coach bag. It was a win-win situation!

Yes, and if they haven't bought on e-Bay before, I volunteer my knowledge in helping them find an authentic deal, too. I once helped the pizza delivery kid find a great deal on a Coach for his sister for Christmas. He was very limited in money to spend, but wanted to get her a Coach bag. It was a win-win situation!

that's very cool of you! and i'd tell if i bought a bag from ebay. i agree with everyone else that you should be proud of your buys and savings :yahoo:

People know I look for a deal, so most of my friends know I get things on eBay. Sometimes I just say, oh it's Prada. Something like that. A lot of people know I have "expensive" things. Just most of them don't realize that I don't pay the retail! =P