Do you ever feel like...

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
...you are this || close to just lose it? I mean, stuff piling up and piling up, making you mad, sad, annoyed, angry, and it keep on adding on from left and right?

What do you do in such a situation? :sad:

I feel like lately it's been enough for me to kick random mini poodles on the street like they were in field goal range. :suspiciou

I would kick poodles too but that's b/c I don't like them :P

seriously, I know how you feel right now b/c I'm right there. I kicked a dent in my car the other day because the stuff in my life is starting to boil over. I usually go shopping to take my mind off of it and usually I feel better afterwards. Talking about it to someone who will listen is always a good way too. Crying it out works if you're not afraid to cry.

when i feel like i'm about to lose it, i drop everything (no matter how busy i am and how urgent the stuff is) and just take an entire 24 hours off to do whatever it is that i wanna do.......hang out with someone important to me, spend the day shopping....anything to forget about everything.........i guess not the best solution though considering everything's stlil waiting for you th enext day..

or.......

i lie down on my bed and have a kicking screaming temper tantrum :weird:

mmhmmm, I think everyone gets that way, especially when you have a bunch of stuff going on. I tend to get stressed out REALLY easily, and it makes me crabby and cranky and no fun to be around. When I get like that, I have to take a deep breath and realize that my attitude isn't helping anyone. I usually take out my pent up aggression at the gym. :-P Or on a run. You exaughst yourself and you get some lovely endorphins. If all else fails, plan to do something indulging that you enjoy- or... give yourself something to look foward to. I find that I'm a lot happier when I have an event or object coming up in the future that is exciting to me. :smile:

I hope all you guys' stress clears up!

Exactly my situation at the moment. OK, not office related stuff, but 2 kids (one with special needs) can really wind me up. Just when you think you have it all under control............

I leave the room, do some air boxing, take deep breaths for about 30 seconds, air box some more, think about what's in the wine cellar, breathe, air box, then go an vaccuum something. Vaccuuming makes me feel better (cat's better watch out)!

Vlad, sometimes you feel like its never going to end, like the whole world is closing in on you. I will share my story with you: My father was in final stages of emphyzema, I was his only care taker, which took daily visits,all grocery shopping, in charge of all of his finances, cooking for him, feeding him (he fell and broke his arm) helping him to the bathroom and lots lots more. In the mean time I have a 13 year old daughter, needing me for typical teen problems, school etc., and 8 year old son, which is very demanding and may I add they are both on 2 different school schedules and a 2 year old toddler and on top of that a traveling husband, and the x-husband trying to get full custody of my 13 and 8 yr. old. Along with my daughter 1st being hospitalized with viral meningitis, following by depression, in which she was hospitalized for. Well to make a long story short. My hard work really paid off although nearly having a nervous breakdown. My crazy x-LOST big time!!, My precious father passed away almost 1 year ago, who I miss more than anyone could ever imagine, and well my kids are finally on track with lots of mommy time now. I dont know exactly what your dealing with right now Vlad, but I can tell you by experience, it is amazing what your mind and body can take. But please take time to reflect on what has been happy in your life, and know that it will be that way again. Life is one huge test, we must not fail. You can do it! Hang in there! And remember: When at rock bottom there is only one way to go> UP!!

Listening to loud music and singing at the top of my lungs really helps. So does a nice, long run with loud music blaring out of my iPod.

I hope things get better for you soon, Vlad. Can you vent to Megs? My bf isn't much of a talker, but he is a good listener :amuse:

i'm feeling like that right about now - i've got to develop, pitch, research, and write (and actually get published) a story in a hard-copy publication before the end of the semester, find someone over 50 and non-white to interview about their life for my ethnic american lit class and write a 10 page paper about them before the end of the semster, my boss got fired and someone in my department got promoted so now we've got 80 extra budgeted labor hours to be covered by 3 people in my department, i've got reading to do every night, and my boyfriend is working nonstop and provides little comfort lately because of it.

thank god spring break is next week. i got the week off from work and i'm leaving town.

i'm going to buy a nice, trashy, chick-lit book from the book store for the plane ride, get my ipod all ready and charged, and not look back.

It helps me,sometimes, to do a really tough workout. Like beating the snot out of my punching bag, and then running on my treadmill with my mp3 playing blaring my favorite music. It really takes the edge off. :o)

Compartmentalizing works for me. Put away all of the stuff that you can't do anything about right now (and that is less urgent than the current thing on the go) in little mental boxes in your head. Then focus solely on the first, most urgent thing, and get it done. Then open the next mental box, and deal with that thing. It's amazing how this lessens the stress, once you get the hang of it.
Also, the things Cristina said. Release the stress, in whatever way works for you (excercise, etc.)

Hang in there Vlad old boy! If you must, go kick a few ferrets (they stink anyway...poodles are just too cute to kick), take a deep breath, and get back to into it!