Do You Ever Enjoy NOT Buying New Bags?

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
I work from home a lot as a writer, and have recently cut down on bag purchases. I just can't justify buying more bags when I'm holed up indoors trying to finish writing a book! And so while I'm writing, my bag choice for the day sits and watches me from the sofa. Right now the weather is bad in Ireland and I have a shoulder sprain. But I still love looking at pics of everybody else's new bags, and make mental notes.....

:yes: yes, definitely! I enjoy knowing that I have enough money saved to buy a bag if I really want it, it's a good feeling! Definitely better than making an impulse pruchase and then regreting it! Also, ATM I don't really find any bags that I can't live without... some are nice but it's nothing breath taking out there for me right now. So I'm saving my money in case a HG bag crosses my way in the future.

Good luck with your book, I've been writing for years now (not in english obviously) but I never tried to write a whole book - the thought kind of scares me^^

:yes: yes, definitely! I enjoy knowing that I have enough money saved to buy a bag if I really want it, it's a good feeling! Definitely better than making an impulse pruchase and then regreting it! Also, ATM I don't really find any bags that I can't live without... some are nice but it's nothing breath taking out there for me right now. So I'm saving my money in case a HG bag crosses my way in the future.

Good luck with your book, I've been writing for years now (not in english obviously) but I never tried to write a whole book - the thought kind of scares me^^

It's scaring me too, Peachy Mary, especially as I have a deadline!

Good luck with your writing. I also do not need any new bag for the time being, but still enjoy checking out sites and reading messages in the Forum. Besides, since I started buying high-end bags I find it difficult to buy cheaper ones, so I really have to make a choice between quality and quantity. Better a single new Tod's than 3 Gerard Darel, I guess....although I am still tempted :smile:

I always enjoy seeing new styles, but it is rewarding to go into a store and find a great deal on a beautiful bag...and then walk out empty-handed because you realize that what you have at home is enough.

I've spent a lot of time (and money!) buying/selling bags to get my collection to where I'm 100% happy with everything. I like to drool over a few brands now and then but have no interest in buying any more at this point in time.

I always enjoy seeing new styles, but it is rewarding to go into a store and find a great deal on a beautiful bag...and then walk out empty-handed because you realize that what you have at home is enough.

That is so well said. I think if you replace a few words, that's what people who are in a happy relationship/ marriage would say about it.

I just started buying bags (and shoes) but I am trying really hard not to buy things just because I can but it's fun to get deals on things that you really need on great sales. Like today I bought a pair of Fendi sunglasses for what I paid last spring for a pair of RALPH ones that are now missing.

Definitely! I don't think I could ever stop looking at bags and window shopping, but at the moment, I'm happy with my collection and want to be able to enjoy the ones I have.