Do you enjoy your coated canvas bags?

mdlcal28

O.G.
Feb 1, 2008
I am absolutely in love with my leather Tods..
have never seen a coated canvas one....
but I have my eye on one..well, my computer eye....I have bid on one and by 5am I should know whether I am getting it...
They do look great, but as one with a leather FETISH:P do you think I will like one that is not leather....I have NEVER EVER owned anything but leather bags for the last 35 years...

^^ I have to say that I love my leather bags, but I also love my coated canvas G-bag. It's so lightweight, and it's lovely––unmistakable TOD'S appearance and quality. It's been through rain, sleet, and snow with no problem at all. (And even though the bag is primarily coated canvas, it still has some leather features.) Is there a store near you that carries TOD'S? Perhaps you could stop in to take a look and see what you think. Please keep us posted about the bag you're considering. Good luck w/your decision!

Last edited:
No, there isnt anywhere here to see one. Even in Atlanta, I have not seen them IRL.
I took a chance when I got my G from Saks sight unseen, but it was a GREAT pick...
I guess I will take a chance this time. It was the weather issue that made me think canvas would be a good choice.

Oh well...I am just not meant to have a G bag in coated canvas unless I am willing to pay full price for it! Which after paying full for my leather one, I cannot justify at this time.....
At least this time, I DID stick to my guns and NOT overbid what I was willing to spend....but it means I have lost TWO auctions in two days.....
Well....tommorrow IS another day!