do you dress according to ur age

I'm 19 (BTW I am Korean) and people think I am about 24-26 usually. I dress "mature" for my age I guess..I do wear some A&F but that is for going to classes. Most of my clothes are from Saks and most girls my age wear HCO, Wet Seal, etc.

I think as far as a short denim skirt goes, it more depends on how your legs look versus how old you are. That is a whole other discussion. A lot of people wear things that look to young on them because they don't have the body for it.

Yeap, I agree.

If you have nice legs, go for it... if not, well....
Plus I think many Asians don't have to shave their legs and they looked like it is shaved right??? Or maybe I am the odd ball here???

Im 16 and caucasian and I dont shave either....wierd, I guess what little hair I have on my legs is so fair....I sometimes do tidy up the little hair around my ankles with some wax but thats it.

anyways, like I said Im 16 and I dress appropriate. for school most of my clothes are HCO and Abercrombie. However for weekends,I wear a lot of RL, Tahari, Nicole Miller, Donna Karan, etc. Very feminine and cute things. I guess my handbags go that way as well, Coach/Dooney for school, LV,Burberry or Chanel for weekends/special occasions.

You're still young. Have fun with fashion and dress in whatever makes you feel happy.

You Asians who get mistaken for being younger than your age are lucky. I always get mistaken for a few years older and I hate it because they're surprised when I reveal my true age. It's always been like that for me since I was a teen. I'm growing into my mistaken age though. :P

I think that I dress a little more fashionably than people my age. I'm in college right now so it's easy to be more put together than other people who they go to class in sweatpants.

^ I take it as a compliment that people think I'm older because that just means my style is more sophisticated than most girls my age. Some people say I am mature for my age too. It's not always a bad thing to be mistaken by your age..with age comes wisdom! ;)

I look younger than 22 but dress more sophisticated and wear better brands than most college students/young adults. I tend to outdress my peers to a degree where I actually have to dress down purposely in order for it to be less awkward for everyone. So, it's an interesting dichotomy. I think 18-30 are the best years for pulling off avant-garde and experimental designs. Unfortunately, many don't really learn to appreciate real style until later in life (or until they can afford it, whichever comes first). I see too many girls never really develop their wardrobes at all! They go though high school following whatever trends their friends do (I always find it funny how teens are the most brand-conscious demographic on earth & yet their scope is so limited! They rarely see beyond the ceiling of their local mall's selections!), then totally abandon any attempt at style in college, and then dress like a cubicle clone once they graduate & land a job. It seems like a horribly anonymous existence. :/

^ha the anonymous existence we used to call it "neutron" in HS...
I think I dress accordingly to my 29 years, (I always looked about 2 years younger)...like I am quite "simple urbanwear" everyday and like to be a bit more daring (stylish and feminine) on the week ends. But I wear the mini dress trend at the moment with no problem.
I know even when I shop in places aimed at teens sometimes I won´t come out with a "pink candy" tshirt.
I dress accordingly to my body and unfortunately that means not showing any skin between top and bottom !

I'm 19 (BTW I am Korean) and people think I am about 24-26 usually. I dress "mature" for my age I guess..I do wear some A&F but that is for going to classes. Most of my clothes are from Saks and most girls my age wear HCO, Wet Seal, etc.

I'm 20 (and Korean too! haha hi priiin).. and my answer has two parts: I LOOK like I'm 14 (esp with no makeup) but apparently I dress like I'm 30. :P Personally, I don't think so. Just because I don't wear AF all day everyday (thank goodness I got over that two years ago.. hehe I used to be quite the AF junkie), most of my peers think I am usually very dressed up. I mean, it's true- it's much easier to look "dressed up" when you're going to school. The unofficial uniform at my school is a school sweater and jeans. So anything I wear is going to look "fashionable" compared to that... :roflmfao:

I will admit though that I still love my rainbow flip flops. I try to wear flats, I really do, but even the hideously cold mornings don't stop me from wearing my precious, 2 year old sandals! :P

I totally think woman should dress their age that being said it doesn't mean you cannot look modern. I am 28 years old & totally don't wear the outfits I use to wear when I was 20 or 21 cuz to be honest they were a bit too skimpy & would prefer to portray an image of sophistication and a classier look.

well I'm 35 and still get carded for booze & even cigarettes so I guess I don't look it. I can still do the short dress/skirt thing (not up to my behind or anything) and get away with it. Once my legs lose their tone or get wrinkly or veiny or heavy then I'll stop.

I think it's hard to dress my age. Most women my age are housewife-stage with kids or full-time career woman which I am neither.

I don't try to dress not my age, but I admit to being in my late 20s and still slagging on legwarmers (Thank you Fergie workin' on my Fitness legwarmer bringback) or low pigtails when it's appro. ;)

I don't think you are dressing like a young teen. It just so happen that you look young. Plenty of early 20-something wear AF and uggs, but still look like 20-something. You should dress the way you want to dress and to make yourself happy, especially since you are still in school when you can get away with a lot of different thing.

I am 27. I still wear some AF stuffs and uggs. It's ok. I am comfortable. I dress more for the occasion than age.