Do you baby your MK watches?

AsianMew

Nov 7, 2010
Hello everyone :smile:,

I recently bought a MK tortoise watch & i feel as if its a delicate watch because i've heard that its more of a fashion watch rather than a good quality watch.

It's lightweight, however it can withstand everyday use pretty well... use it without fear-- it was meant to be worn! Just don't swim or shower with it on...

Like any other brand, some of the watches definitely aren't as robust as the others. With that in mind, most people don't wear a watch every day... I wouldn't say the quality is bad, but they are fashion watches. They're certainly better built than a $20 fashion watch though.

I mentioned in the other thread that I wasn't the happiest with the faux horn MK watches because of the acrylic crystals. It's more of a personal preference than anything. I just really prefer a weighty, substantial watch with at least a mineral crystal... I like sapphire best though. I think most people don't know what kind of crystal their watch has nor do they don't care. :shrugs:

I've never had a mineral or sapphire crystal chip or shatter yet, and it's more likely that mine will accidentally end up scratched so I'd rather have something that's as scratch-resistant as possible... or at least more so than acrylic. The crystal on my cream-colored faux horn watch somehow managed to get scratched quite badly. (It's at least 3 years old, by the way.) I also dislike that acrylic crystals can discolor and turn yellow. You can buff out the shallow scratches a reasonable amount though, and acrylic crystals are cheaper to replace. I just don't like the hassle.

There are people that prefer acrylic too...

I wouldn't worry about it. The watch won't fall apart on your wrist for no reason.