Do outlets renumber the style number of boutique deletes?

ejoy43

Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
O.G.
Jan 29, 2009
Does anyone know? I've read vaguely in a couple threads instances where people are looking for an item, but when it got sent to the outlet, they changed the style number completely or an SA told them they renumber the items when they arrive at the outlet. How can that possibly be? Does anyone have any idea?

I don't they do, if they need to make a new tag - they'll usually print one that says factory on the front and an F in front of the style number of that tag. (pls correct me if I"m wrong)

All that changes, and this is sometimes only select outlets do it, is that they change out the tag to a factory tag and the style number will have a F in front of it. My local outlet doesn't change out the tags anymore.

Now, I have had SA not know what style number I was talking about when calling them. LOL!

Yeah, that's what I thought too. They just add the F at the beginning, but the style number stays the same. And yes, I doubt my outlet SAs sometimes. I call them with the right style number and they say they don't have the bag when they sure do. That's the main reason why I ask this question. If they change the style numbers, that just complicates things further. I think when I read about this topic in the other threads, they were talking about accessories. Bags have the style number in the creed so I don't see how they can renumber a bag with a different style number.

They do not change the style numbers on ANYTHING, bags or accessories. It all stays the same. If the SAs are telling you they don't have something when, in fact, they do, it's because they didn't take the time to look it up.

ejoy43, that thread that you read was by me. I saw the one and only wristlet I wanted so badly in outlet without any price tag. So the SAs helped me to tag it. came out the correct price, but wrong style number. When I paid at the counter, I tried to tell the counter SA again this is the wrong style number. But seem like she tried to solve my concern in an easy way, so she told me "We renumber our items when it comes to outlet".

I am pretty sure that is a very exceptional case. But in this case, if I call, I will never know that wristlet was there because they tagged it with different style number. It really depend on how familiar are these SAs with their products. *sigh*

It stays the same except sometimes pilots, for ex, are retagged with the generic tags, I have noticed. That is, they drop the P at the end of the style number on the paper tag, which is actually part of the number (recall how they sometimes can't find the item in the boutiques if they are not putting the P with the number). Also, sometimes the paper tags they retag with are just wrong...or they are the wrong color code. This has happened to me a couple of times, and in some cases, it can cause an error with price. I've had to argue that point before, which is sometimes a bit difficult at the outlets. Of course they can look at the creed and then their info to get the correct price, etc. Otherwise, it doesn't matter...you should just be able to give them the normal style number, and they can look it up in inventory, etc.