DO NOT Sniff My Mouse!!!!

N.M.Nevuhmynd

Head Flunkie In Charge Of Nothingness
Apr 15, 2016
It doesn't use cologne and it doesn't like being sniffed for position to pop an add when I move off a page.

Even if you don't think you're doing it, you are whether to know it or not. It may or may not be an ad sponsor that did it, but it happened.

This is a disturbingly creepy trend that has been infesting websites recently.

It doesn't use cologne and it doesn't like being sniffed for position to pop an add when I move off a page.

Even if you don't think you're doing it, you are whether to know it or not. It may or may not be an ad sponsor that did it, but it happened.

This is a disturbingly creepy trend that has been infesting websites recently.

If you refer to our Christie's sponsorship, it's not triggered by the mouse placement, but rather only shows once every two days on page load.

Is that what you mean?

I didn't pay attention to the content. I only noticed that it did not appear on page load, only after I moved the mouse off page to a browser navigation button.

It's super creepy that sites know where a mouse cursor is, even if you're not intentionally doing it here.

I didn't pay attention to the content. I only noticed that it did not appear on page load, only after I moved the mouse off page to a browser navigation button.

It's super creepy that sites know where a mouse cursor is, even if you're not intentionally doing it here.

It's an option for engaging user's attention and commonly used (particularly when the script notices that the mouse is moving towards the top, indicating that the user is likely to close the tab), but we don't use it here. :tup:

Reactions: QuelleFromage