Do NOT Buy from LuckyChic!

MelZaho

Jan 7, 2008
I have had the absolute worst experience with their service!

I ordered an Anthropologie gift card on February 2nd, and I STILL haven't received it. I emailed them on February 22nd asking them what happened, and at first CS was very nice. They said my address would not be accepted by Anthropologie's system so I confirmed my address and gave them an alternate, BOTH of which I know work because I get packages from Anthropologie twice a month.

I thought we had worked it out, but they called me on March 8th asking for my address again. I couldn't believe it hadn't been shipped after over a MONTH. I gave the rep my address again, and he assured me AGAIN that it would be sent to me as soon as possible.

On March 17th, I emailed them saying my gift card hadn't come yet, but I received no response. Today on the 22nd, I tried calling four times, but I kept getting a "All of our representatives are currently busy. Please leave a message, and we'll call you back" message. Then I called with my friend's phone, and they immediately picked up! It was like they were blocking my number because they knew I was going to complain.

I asked if my card had been shipped yet, and the rep said it had. I asked for tracking information, and she said she would have to look it up in a different database so she had to call me back! She called me back ten minutes later and told me she had to check with Anthropologie so she would have to call me back later again. I think one of the times she called, she called on a cell phone or something because when I received calls before, it was a blocked number, and then this time it was a number with a regular area code and such.

She told me it was going to be shipped now. I couldn't believe it hadn't ALREADY been shipped!! Then later, a man called me from LuckyChic and was very defensive and angry. He said they had made multiple orders on my behalf and acted as if it were my fault. I said, "I understand this is a hassle, but it is your job to get me the gift card that I paid for. I have confirmed my address twice, and you assured me that it would be shipped. I get orders from Anthropologie all the time so I don't understand why this is a problem."

I told him I liked the website and I wanted to shop there, but how could I if my first purchase still hasn't arrived after over a month and a half? And with such unprofessional customer service! He did not give me a definitive answer on whether I would actually get my gift card this time.

I just can't believe any company could run this way. They charged me over a month ago. It is just ridiculous!

LAME!!!!!! I can't believe they were acting like YOU did something wrong. I hope you get you GC soon. I will not be buying from them. I got stressed reading your post! :hugs:

So today I called Anthropologie and had them try to find my order since I didn't trust that it would come.

Joan (SO NICE) found an order placed by a lady named Lucy Charles (Lucky Chic, oh how clever) and it was being shipped to the completely wrong address! No wonder I can't get my order!

So I called Lucky Chic and told them what I found out and if they called Anthro and changed my address today, it could still get to me. But the guy started getting really upset and was saying that it WAS my address, which is ridiculous. I told him to check the emails I sent him with my correct address and the INITIAL order with my correct address, but he kept insisting that it was correct.

Joan from Anthro said that she had never heard of Lucky Chic and that they are absolutely not affiliated. The fact that the gift card was ordered by Lucy Charles, which I think is probably a fake name that Lucky Chic uses is really sketchy.

It just felt so good to talk to someone with real customer service after dealing with Lucky Chic, I was kind of getting teary. Anthropologie is amazing!!

Oh wow. these types of companies are popping up everywhere. You have to pay to bid and the price goes up little by little. People end up losing a lot of money bidding without winning. These companies basically buy stuff from stores and put them up on their sites. They make so much money from the people paying for each bid that even if the item is won for a fraction of the retail price, they still make a lot of money.

Hi,

I, too, am suspicious of this site! I noticed strange bid patterns and buggy, dubious coding/script on the site (ie--clock advances then decreases in time, then advances by several secs; timer disappears all together; bids are placed and not logged; system/screen freezes---and then auction ends).

I just posted some interesting things I have discovered on pennyauctionwatch dot com---

Also, they appear to be doing some damage control, as they have some staff listed in the hopes of demonstrating transparency.

But it is a fact that the same bidders keep winning...

We shall see...

I just read some articles recently about these sites. There are lots of cases where they have their own bidders bidding last second to win or throughout the auction to increase the price. It's just all around very sketchy in my opinion and NOT worth the risk. After reading about your experiences, OP, I will most definitely be staying FAR AWAY!

I have had the absolute worst experience with their service!

I ordered an Anthropologie gift card on February 2nd, and I STILL haven't received it. I emailed them on February 22nd asking them what happened, and at first CS was very nice. They said my address would not be accepted by Anthropologie's system so I confirmed my address and gave them an alternate, BOTH of which I know work because I get packages from Anthropologie twice a month.

I thought we had worked it out, but they called me on March 8th asking for my address again. I couldn't believe it hadn't been shipped after over a MONTH. I gave the rep my address again, and he assured me AGAIN that it would be sent to me as soon as possible.

On March 17th, I emailed them saying my gift card hadn't come yet, but I received no response. Today on the 22nd, I tried calling four times, but I kept getting a "All of our representatives are currently busy. Please leave a message, and we'll call you back" message. Then I called with my friend's phone, and they immediately picked up! It was like they were blocking my number because they knew I was going to complain.

I asked if my card had been shipped yet, and the rep said it had. I asked for tracking information, and she said she would have to look it up in a different database so she had to call me back! She called me back ten minutes later and told me she had to check with Anthropologie so she would have to call me back later again. I think one of the times she called, she called on a cell phone or something because when I received calls before, it was a blocked number, and then this time it was a number with a regular area code and such.

She told me it was going to be shipped now. I couldn't believe it hadn't ALREADY been shipped!! Then later, a man called me from LuckyChic and was very defensive and angry. He said they had made multiple orders on my behalf and acted as if it were my fault. I said, "I understand this is a hassle, but it is your job to get me the gift card that I paid for. I have confirmed my address twice, and you assured me that it would be shipped. I get orders from Anthropologie all the time so I don't understand why this is a problem."

I told him I liked the website and I wanted to shop there, but how could I if my first purchase still hasn't arrived after over a month and a half? And with such unprofessional customer service! He did not give me a definitive answer on whether I would actually get my gift card this time.

I just can't believe any company could run this way. They charged me over a month ago. It is just ridiculous!

Hi, Mel,

Their "International and US" Contact Number listed, 1.347.878.5825. is a registered Metro PCS CELL phone!!! It traces back to NY near Phil Rizzuto Park---on/near Atlantic Ave!

You were absolutely correct that your call was returned from a cell--

And so far as their toll free number...no info whatsoever!

And get this, it appears that they're starting to (or trying to) make their web traffic look like a lot more than it is ---and they're attempting to up-value their site's worth:

Every web traffic site has their site valued around $4500, up to a max of $8K, with about 800 visitors a day.

Except one site which values the site at over $1 mil with a ton more traffic than it really has!

What this points to is the LIKELIHOOD of shill/bot bidding.

They use the well-known auction script PHP/5.3.2.

My best advice is also to stay the heck away!!