Do limited edition Speedies+Neverfulls have the tendency to look dated after a while?

i have a mi of both Le and classics, i only ever bring out the Le on the odd occasion . I tend to use my classics more , but its nice to have pieces. that you know are le , if you look after them they will holdtheir value even long after the " exposure" has come and gone . Im off to london at weekend ( 500 miles round trip) to buy kusama speedy.
Nowhere else in the uk has them now after i was really indecisive about buying one, my husband thinks i should buy two in different colourways ! hence the trip to London. when you see some of the prices they are reselling for already its crazy ! Some ltd eds i prefer to others. I have be totally sure i really like them before i buy otherwise i will just buy another classic piece. itsjust about personal preference .

I think they are fun and stylish when they come out. Instead of thinking of them as "dated" I tend to think of them as collector's items.

I totally agree with this. I think it is such a personal opinion that you do what you like. I am newer to buying Vuitton but my first purchase was a speedy cerises. I have loved that bag since it came out. I don't care what others think I love it! Classic is classic and you can never go wrong, but I never worried about what others thought was "in or out" at the time.

Hey Calvin, are you cold today???? I am from Wisconsin also.

Personally, I would only buy an LE piece that I could see myself carrying several years from the date of purchase, without getting sick of it. It's similar to when a non-LE bag goes discontinued. Should it be ditched because it's no longer made? Not if you love it and you're happy with it.

I think they are fun and stylish when they come out. Instead of thinking of them as "dated" I tend to think of them as collector's items.

+1

To me they signify that someone is more likely to be a lover of the brand and collector than someone who just walks in a plunks down their money on a bag because "everyone else has one".

If you love it get it. Like others have said I would love to have anything from the roses collection. And I recently got a graffiti pochette from the 2003 collection and I love carrying it! It is the line that made me start loving LV. There are a few other LE pieces I would like to have and I think they look special and make for an interesting collection instead of everything just being classic. But make sure you love it first, otherwise you will get tired of it. Hope this helps

Because they are LE by nature they will look dated. That's because when you look at roses/graffiti speedy for example, you know it's from 2009. That doesn't mean it isn't still LVoely, but we all know the year it came out and how old it is. But you have to buy what you like and ignore others!