Do I really need another wallet?

BBNJ

Apr 30, 2014
Okay so I know I don't "need" a LV Wallet--much less another LV wallet. But this is the PF LV forum where we all understand each other so this is my question. I currently own 3 LV wallets: Clemence Mono/Fuschia, Emilie DE, and Curieuse Aurore. I LOVE the style of my DE Emilie but it just doesn't have enough cc slots for me. My Clemence is adorable when I use smaller bags or I'm out for short periods but it is also quite small for my daily needs. Curieuse is high maintenance-I tend to baby her because I don't want the leather scratching or staining. She is also quite small with only 8 cc slots. For work and everyday use, I think the Mono Sarah NM3 will be sturdy and spacious. I commute into the city for work and tend to feel more secure when I have all my important items in one location (checkbook, cash, credit cards, receipts, important business cards). Am I wasting my money if I purchase another wallet? If you have the Sarah NM3, are you happy with it or do you find it too large?

Okay so I know I don't "need" a LV Wallet--much less another LV wallet. But this is the PF LV forum where we all understand each other so this is my question. I currently own 3 LV wallets: Clemence Mono/Fuschia, Emilie DE, and Curieuse Aurore. I LOVE the style of my DE Emilie but it just doesn't have enough cc slots for me. My Clemence is adorable when I use smaller bags or I'm out for short periods but it is also quite small for my daily needs. Curieuse is high maintenance-I tend to baby her because I don't want the leather scratching or staining. She is also quite small with only 8 cc slots. For work and everyday use, I think the Mono Sarah NM3 will be sturdy and spacious. I commute into the city for work and tend to feel more secure when I have all my important items in one location (checkbook, cash, credit cards, receipts, important business cards). Am I wasting my money if I purchase another wallet? If you have the Sarah NM3, are you happy with it or do you find it too large?

I have the Sarah (older model) not sure what is the difference between the 2 besides exterior flap. I love that it holds so much! But also since it's so large it doesn't fit into my smaller bags, still a great size for a full size wallet! Not telling you to get it but you could justify it if you can see yourself using it a lot.

I personally think four wallets is too much. I honestly don't see the need for more than two: one large and one compact, even though I currently only own one wallet.

For you, I would suggest selling the Emilie since it doesn't fit your needs anymore and using the $$ towards the Sarah that you want. HTH!

I personally think four wallets is too much. I honestly don't see the need for more than two: one large and one compact, even though I currently only own one wallet.

For you, I would suggest selling the Emilie since it doesn't fit your needs anymore and using the $$ towards the Sarah that you want. HTH!

I agree as well. Having 1 compact and 1 larger wallet kind of fills all the needs. But their SLG are so tempting! Like candy!

I don't think its a waste if it's going to be used. You already justified it in a functional way. You have more card slots in the NM3 than in the old Sarah. Go for it!!

I have the Sarah (older model) not sure what is the difference between the 2 besides exterior flap. I love that it holds so much! But also since it's so large it doesn't fit into my smaller bags, still a great size for a full size wallet! Not telling you to get it but you could justify it if you can see yourself using it a lot.

Thanks for your help! It is a big wallet but I think it will be so useful especially as I head into the holidays--Christmas/Hannukah shopping during lunch. I'm totally talking myself into it!:graucho:

Thanks for your honest opinion. You sound like the voice of reason in my head.;)

I have asked myself this same question over and over. I currently only have one wallet. Each time I think about purchasing another wallet I tell myself I'd rather have a bag. 6 to 8 hundred on a wallet is just too much for something I do not see until I pull it out of my bag. Unless you carry just your wallet. I can't justify the cost really and I have one so I am good. If you can justify the cost for yourself then go for it.

But I have also learned the cles comes in handy next to my wallet and a lot cheaper.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited:
I have asked myself this same question over and over. I currently only have one wallet. Each time I think about purchasing another wallet I tell myself I'd rather have a bag. 6 to 8 hundred on a wallet is just too much for something no one sees until I pull it out of my bag. Unless you carry just your wallet. I can't justify the cost really and I have one so I am good. If you can justify the cost for yourself then go for it.

But I have also learned the cles comes in handy next to my wallet and a lot cheaper.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Ahh so agree! Their wallet prices are insane! Close to another bag and I always end up choosing the bag! I also have 2 Cles that I use if I needed extra space. I find that on a daily basis I really don't need all that much cards. I only add that certain card if I know I'm going that way.

I love the SLG's maybe more than the bags. I love changing them out, I love how they feel just as much as how they look. For me it's not about whether someone else can see them or not, it's all for me!

I'd get the wallet if it were in my budget and there was nothing else I needed or wanted more with that money.

OTOH, you could always put all your extra cards in one cles and always carry that cles.

I love the SLG's maybe more than the bags. I love changing them out, I love how they feel just as much as how they look. For me it's not about whether someone else can see them or not, it's all for me!

I'd get the wallet if it were in my budget and there was nothing else I needed or wanted more with that money.

OTOH, you could always put all your extra cards in one cles and always carry that cles.

+1 I personally think what you carry in your bag is just as important! It's no fun to carry a nice purse and pull out less than nice accessories. I wouldn't worry about who sees my wallet... I know I've got it going on and don't care if they know or not!

I returned the Sarah NM3 to get my Curieuse because I felt the Sarah was too big and bulky. But if you are comfortable with the size, 16 CC slots is pretty darn AWESOME.

With that said, if you really need more space, I agree with another TPFer. Sell the Emilie & go for the new Sarah! I know others have suggested getting a Cles... it's a nice and handy piece, but I prefer to have my cards laid out and organized - just something it consider =]

Can't wait to hear your decision!