Do I push back on this price match or let it go?

sparksfly

O.G.
Feb 3, 2012
022A1DE8-E9BC-430E-B620-C317C7F5846A.jpegI found the deal of the century. Selfridges had a $1,400 Saint Laurent WOC for $500. I decided to price match FWRD. I ordered one for myself that shipped yesterday. After I ordered one my sister asked me to get her one.

I get it honored again but in my hurry of checking out I didn’t notice it wasn’t the right bag until after. The one she honored was the large $1,700 size. I then get an email from the company a few hours later stating they can’t honor it because the items are different. I emailed them back and asked if they’d be willing to honor the price match on the correct item. I hear back today and she says only if the items currently in stock. It’s not but it was in stock on Selfridges when I ordered it.

Do I try to push back? It’s not my fault their representative matched the wrong bag. They’re also trying to pull the “it was out of stock at time of match” as well so they don’t have to honor the deal.

It's not your fault, the representative made a problem so you should def push back!
What would you say? The bag is unfortunately sold out on their website as well now but they can special order bags or I’d be willing to wait until they restock.

I just feel like it’s not my issue they honored the wrong bag and now they’re trying whatever they can do to not have to honor it at all.

With my sisters bag I used a different email of mine because I didn’t want them potentially flagging my account for ordering 2 $1,400 bags within a few hours of eachother.

What would you say? The bag is unfortunately sold out on their website as well now but they can special order bags or I’d be willing to wait until they restock.

I just feel like it’s not my issue they honored the wrong bag and now they’re trying whatever they can do to not have to honor it at all.

With my sisters bag I used a different email of mine because I didn’t want them potentially flagging my account for ordering 2 $1,400 bags within a few hours of eachother.
I would just email them and explain the issue as succinctly as possible. Tell them how the representative price matched the wrong item, and that it's unfair for you to be penalized for a mistake they made. Send them copies of your correspondence with them as well. If you're unhappy with their response, you can contact the BBB and FTC (since FWRD is an American company).

Here's a complaint letter template: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/sample-customer-complaint-letter

I would just email them and explain the issue as succinctly as possible. Tell them how the representative price matched the wrong item, and that it's unfair for you to be penalized for a mistake they made. Send them copies of your correspondence with them as well. If you're unhappy with their response, you can contact the BBB and FTC (since FWRD is an American company).

Here's a complaint letter template: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/sample-customer-complaint-letter
That sounds perfect! Should I explain I would like the correct item price matched once it’s back in stock? I want them to know they have the correct item in stock since they’ll probably try to pull the “we don’t have the correct item”

That sounds perfect! Should I explain I would like the correct item price matched once it’s back in stock? I want them to know they have the correct item in stock since they’ll probably try to pull the “we don’t have the correct item”
Yes you definitely should! Let them know you still want to order the original item (WOC) for $500.

Yes you definitely should! Let them know you still want to order the original item (WOC) for $500.
Thanks! They changed their matching terms and are now saying they can’t honor a match because “In addition to the item being the incorrect item, we are unable to price match to to any competitor that does not include duties and taxes into the final price. We are unable to accommodate that price”

They’re just trying anything they can to not honor the deal.

Thanks! They changed their matching terms and are now saying they can’t honor a match because “In addition to the item being the incorrect item, we are unable to price match to to any competitor that does not include duties and taxes into the final price. We are unable to accommodate that price”

They’re just trying anything they can to not honor the deal.
They sound so ridiculous and unreasonable. Ask them why they let the first order if they can't accommodate price matches to competitors that don't include duties and taxes.

Also, make sure to highlight how they changed their terms after you called them out. See if they ever mentioned this clause on their website before you ordered.

After that, if you're unsatisfied, it's time to escalate to the BBB and FTC.

They sound so ridiculous and unreasonable. Ask them why they let the first order if they can't accommodate price matches to competitors that don't include duties and taxes.

Also, make sure to highlight how they changed their terms after you called them out. See if they ever mentioned this clause on their website before you ordered.

After that, if you're unsatisfied, it's time to escalate to the BBB and FTC.
Yeah I feel like they’re just pulling out anything thry can to not honor it. For the 1st order I used a different account. I was worried they’d flag me for 2 of the same bags same day so I used another email I had. So not sure if I should state I ordered one already.

The whole taxes and fees is BS because it showed taxes and duties when in stock but because the items now out of stock it won’t? It’s also their US site so no duties.

Not sure if you know but is there a way to see their terms/clause before Thursday? I’m sure they started editing them once people tried matching.

I’m definitely going to go to the BBB if they don’t honor it because it’s unfair.

Not sure if you know but is there a way to see their terms/clause before Thursday? I’m sure they started editing them once people tried matching.
Yes, you can use the Wayback Machine: web.archive.org.

You can also use Google. Just search "cache:link" - for example "cache:forum.purseblog.com"

Yes, you can use the Wayback Machine: web.archive.org.

You can also use Google. Just search "cache:link" - for example "cache:forum.purseblog.com"
Thanks I couldn’t find anything. They’re really pushing back on not honoring it and I’m pissed. I don’t think anything else I say will get them to honor it. Debating filing a complaint with the BBB. They already have a F because they take forever to refund after people return items.

ADBE6125-C64F-4C65-A89C-BF3B2A2F6730.jpeg0320D8DD-9C76-45F7-B8AD-452C878E87E9.jpeg