Do I need another neutral?

I always gravitate towards my neutrals. I’m just not a “pop of color” person even though I want to be! I’d say take a look at it and if you love it then get it.
Hmmm. This is true for me. I guess I also like the muted colors more so they aren't as noticeable when I'm carrying my bags. Though when I was reading your reply I did think that perhaps if I wanted 'color' I could get bright Twillys. And mix those up on the days I want it to 'pop more.....

Reactions: prepster
Agree with others — it’s worth going in and taking a peak. That should give you a good idea on what you should do.

Since you have an etoupe DS, I think a gris A B30 would be a great addition.

Good luck on your decision!
Great feedback. Thank you! What about the Etain Kelly or GT Garden Party? Would the B30 still be a good addition considering those too?

Etoupe isn't as grey as your other neutrals, as you know from your Double Sens. I chose that color because I felt that it worked with clothing that I wouldn't wear a grey bag with. I do think that you can never have too many neutrals...but to me that would include blue and black. I compared the GA to Etoupe and decided on Etoupe for the reason above, and also because it was the most flattering with my skin tone. Good luck! Have fun!

Reactions: Dode99 and prepster
As a brief background, tomorrow I am off to the boutique to see a Gris Asphalte B30 in Togo/PH that is waiting for my review. I had a podium order in for an Etoupe with the same specs, but my SA thought I should have a look at this since it is so close in color. He is being a darling holding for me since sick kids and snowstorms have prevented me from getting in earlier this week.

However, yesterday I was cleaning out some things, and I had a moment where I knew I needed some feedback from you amazing TPFers. I am wondering if I am making the mistake in getting another neutral?

I had the moment where you go "OMG, why did I not see it before" as I looked at my Etoupe/Blue Peon Double Sens 45, Gris T Garden Party 36, Etain 35 Kelly and Ebene 32 Kelly. I tried to remember why I even had a request for an Etoupe B30!

Then I remembered I wanted the Etoupe because the Etain and Ebene are too dark for year round wear and the Double Sens is casual. The GP in GT is great, but not so much, where I live, for winter. So I think I wanted the Etoupe B30 for year round wear and that day to night flexibility. However, perhaps I am wrong for getting another neutral? Perhaps I should go with a a color that is neutral. I was thinking something like a blue-jean-like color or green - but I went back to the year round use I was hoping for it my new B. So I now not sure what to do

Really appreciate the opinions!
Perhaps take a few of the items you'd like to pair with the bag from various seasons and see what you think? :smile:

I love neutrals too and my advice would be to plan how many H bags/models you are going to have in your collection. It gives a guidline, some colours are seasonal or only available for SOs. My collection is built mainly around different leathers in neutral colours. Like you I started with the same colourfamily, bought one colourful summerbag after my two neutral bags and then went for black. If you find a favourite colour it’s perfectly ok to buy several different designs/sizes in that particular colour, but I simply want to suggest having a plan about the collection. It has saved me from making errors and I’ve never sold any bags.

GA is a beautiful colour, my SA talked about it last time but after having both étoupe and gt in my collection I didn’t feel the urge. GT in chèvre on the other hand with ghw is something I would not be able to say no to....

I love neutrals too and my advice would be to plan how many H bags/models you are going to have in your collection. It gives a guidline, some colours are seasonal or only available for SOs. My collection is built mainly around different leathers in neutral colours. Like you I started with the same colourfamily, bought one colourful summerbag after my two neutral bags and then went for black. If you find a favourite colour it’s perfectly ok to buy several different designs/sizes in that particular colour, but I simply want to suggest having a plan about the collection. It has saved me from making errors and I’ve never sold any bags.

GA is a beautiful colour, my SA talked about it last time but after having both étoupe and gt in my collection I didn’t feel the urge. GT in chèvre on the other hand with ghw is something I would not be able to say no to....
Great advice!! I've tended to make rushed decisions and regretted (mostly regarding size of bags) as there really isn't a H color that I do not like!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Serva1
I love neutrals too and my advice would be to plan how many H bags/models you are going to have in your collection.

Love the advice serva1. Thank you. Are the Etoupe and GT both Birkins or the same model/bag type.

After reading your post, I thought about what you stated.

I have a couple of Bs that are 35s. I love them but they are too bulky for some aspects of my life. Then I have some Garden Parties but they only work for me (in terms of style) in the summer. (Personal thing.) The other bags I have are the day-to-night versatility. A navy halzan, a black HAC, a Etain/Ebene Kelly. However they are dark, and thus only good for fall/winter. So having the Etoupe or something similar that I can use year round, day-to-night would fit the need in my collection I think. While I have the DS, it is only casual. So the Etoupe (or GA if it is my Etoupe alternative) would fit the need, I think. Though appreciate any alternative thoughts on that.

This is my last B for awhile. I hope to find some colorful Bolides on the second hand market over the next few years and but otherwise, I think I will be set. So I think I am feeling the pressure a bit to make the right choice as a result.

I adore GA probably even more than etoupe. It is quite a wonderful chameleon color that looks more gray in some lighting and warmer beigey gray in other lighting. It is the perfect mid tone neutral to me and it would fit in nicely with your collection. I do think it fills a void in the bag wardrobe for you, but only if you like it more than etoupe. You will know instantly when you view it! Good luck deciding.

I got to look at the bag. As LuckyLove described it, it was nothing like Etoupe. Lighter and more gray than brown. But what sold me on it was the chameleon color. When I paired it with darker twillies, it appeared darker and paired with lighter twillies it appeared lighter. So I got it for that flexibility in color (summer/winter) which is what I was needing. My SA (and all of you) were right! I will share some photos as soon as I get home. Thank you everyone! I am very excited.

I got to look at the bag. As LuckyLove described it, it was nothing like Etoupe. Lighter and more gray than brown. But what sold me on it was the chameleon color. When I paired it with darker twillies, it appeared darker and paired with lighter twillies it appeared lighter. So I got it for that flexibility in color (summer/winter) which is what I was needing. My SA (and all of you) were right! I will share some photos as soon as I get home. Thank you everyone! I am very excited.

Yay!!! SOOO happy for you! It is such a fantastic color. Congratulations!!

congratulations - sounds like you made the right decision! !

Yay! So excited for you and most certainly the color fits the needs in your lifestyle. Congratulations