Do I need another neutral?

Metrowestmama

Lover of Bling
O.G.
Jan 15, 2013
As a brief background, tomorrow I am off to the boutique to see a Gris Asphalte B30 in Togo/PH that is waiting for my review. I had a podium order in for an Etoupe with the same specs, but my SA thought I should have a look at this since it is so close in color. He is being a darling holding for me since sick kids and snowstorms have prevented me from getting in earlier this week.

However, yesterday I was cleaning out some things, and I had a moment where I knew I needed some feedback from you amazing TPFers. I am wondering if I am making the mistake in getting another neutral?

I had the moment where you go "OMG, why did I not see it before" as I looked at my Etoupe/Blue Peon Double Sens 45, Gris T Garden Party 36, Etain 35 Kelly and Ebene 32 Kelly. I tried to remember why I even had a request for an Etoupe B30!

Then I remembered I wanted the Etoupe because the Etain and Ebene are too dark for year round wear and the Double Sens is casual. The GP in GT is great, but not so much, where I live, for winter. So I think I wanted the Etoupe B30 for year round wear and that day to night flexibility. However, perhaps I am wrong for getting another neutral? Perhaps I should go with a a color that is neutral. I was thinking something like a blue-jean-like color or green - but I went back to the year round use I was hoping for it my new B. So I now not sure what to do

Really appreciate the opinions!

Reactions: susanq and prepster
hard to turn down a gris asphalt B..... it is a different shade of grey after all :biggrin:

i have no problem repeating neutrals, because the designs of the bags are very different and they set off a different mood or tone to my outfit , if that makes sense?

... i am such an enabler arent I...

If I were you, I would get the B in GA for sure despite I already own a B in etoupe...Do you know how likely you will get your etoupe PO?

Reactions: prepster and Julide
hard to turn down a gris asphalt B..... it is a different shade of grey after all :biggrin:

i have no problem repeating neutrals, because the designs of the bags are very different and they set off a different mood or tone to my outfit , if that makes sense?

... i am such an enabler arent I...

If I were you, I would get the B in GA for sure despite I already own a B in etoupe...Do you know how likely you will get your etoupe PO?

Makes totally sense. My SA thinks the Etoupe would be summer or fall of this year.

As a brief background, tomorrow I am off to the boutique to see a Gris Asphalte B30 in Togo/PH that is waiting for my review. I had a podium order in for an Etoupe with the same specs, but my SA thought I should have a look at this since it is so close in color. He is being a darling holding for me since sick kids and snowstorms have prevented me from getting in earlier this week.

However, yesterday I was cleaning out some things, and I had a moment where I knew I needed some feedback from you amazing TPFers. I am wondering if I am making the mistake in getting another neutral?

I had the moment where you go "OMG, why did I not see it before" as I looked at my Etoupe/Blue Peon Double Sens 45, Gris T Garden Party 36, Etain 35 Kelly and Ebene 32 Kelly. I tried to remember why I even had a request for an Etoupe B30!

Then I remembered I wanted the Etoupe because the Etain and Ebene are too dark for year round wear and the Double Sens is casual. The GP in GT is great, but not so much, where I live, for winter. So I think I wanted the Etoupe B30 for year round wear and that day to night flexibility. However, perhaps I am wrong for getting another neutral? Perhaps I should go with a a color that is neutral. I was thinking something like a blue-jean-like color or green - but I went back to the year round use I was hoping for it my new B. So I now not sure what to do

Really appreciate the opinions!
I love etoupe and GA. I overthought a B30 purchase because I already had an etoupe GP36. I probably should have asked for the same bag you are looking at. If you love neutrals, I think it’s great to add this bag. You’ll know when you see it. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Julide and prepster
Congratulations on being offered such a beautiful bag. I think it's fine to have multiple neutrals if that is what you're drawn to, and a B to round out your collection if you feel you need one. However, :biggrin: as much as I love spending other people's money, I'm fairly conservative financially, and have competing obsessions (Horses! Luxury travel! My house! :angel: ) so it wouldn't make sense to me, with what you already own, to buy both the Gris Asphalt and the Etoupe in B30. I'm not sure that's what you were thinking, but I'd suggest if you feel you must get a B30, choosing the color you like best. :heart:

I would go to the boutique and see what your reaction is when you see the bag. Then ask yourself which one you would like most, the GA or wait for Etoupe? Listen to your heart and go for the one that you like most.
Personally, I wouldn't buy both, but I would go for one of them instead. And might get a nice color later.
Good luck deciding :flowers:!

Congratulations on being offered such a beautiful bag. I think it's fine to have multiple neutrals if that is what you're drawn to, and a B to round out your collection if you feel you need one. However, :biggrin: as much as I love spending other people's money, I'm fairly conservative financially, and have competing obsessions (Horses! Luxury travel! My house! :angel: ) so it wouldn't make sense to me, with what you already own, to buy both the Gris Asphalt and the Etoupe in B30. I'm not sure that's what you were thinking, but I'd suggest if you feel you must get a B30, choosing the color you like best. :heart:
Love your thoughts! It is only one or the other- definitely not both Etoupe and GA. But was starting to wonder if it should be neither one and get a B30 in some other neutral 'color' that wasn't gray or brown.

Reactions: prepster