Do I have too many blacks already?

Jun 13, 2007
I am thinking this question has plagued us Chanel lovers but I was just wondering if I need to stop. I have a Black Boy Ruthenium, So Black Chevron, Black O-case Gold, Black Classic Ruthenium (that I just bought last week) and last night I pre-ordered the So Black Mini with Crumpled Calf. I do have a Rainbow Boy when I feel like it, but should I stop buying black Chanels? Or are they different enough?

Attachments

• IMG_7007.JPG
    IMG_7007.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 2,047
  • IMG_6954.JPG
    IMG_6954.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 2,083
  • IMG_7440.JPG
    IMG_7440.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 2,112
I'm totally guilty of having many black bags!

I have:
  • Black caviar maxi
  • Black caviar jumbo
  • Black caviar m/l
  • Black caviar mini
  • Black caviar boy old medium
  • Black calfskin Deauville
  • Black small chain around
  • Black GST
My only colored ones are a white caviar square mini, beige caviar jumbo, pink calf old medium boy and a grey messenger bag. Also all my SLG are black caviar.....I still find I wear my black way more often though! But I do need to stop buying black... eventually.

I dont think you can never have too many blacks as they go with everything but it'd be nice to have a more lighter neutral incase you wear a light color outfit/dress, black would stand out too much in those outfits. Beige or grey are popular neutrals :smile:

Reactions: Kendie26
As long as you love them & dont see them as redundancies, why not? Black bag, especially chanel are classic. But if it bothers you, maybe you can venture into other colors that would go well with your wardrobe, either naturals, or darker colors.

Or maybe even bright colors that goes well with most outfit, like reds or blues. I see you have the rainbow boy, so thats a start! Shes so pretty :biggrin:

I'm totally guilty of having many black bags!

I have:
  • Black caviar maxi
  • Black caviar jumbo
  • Black caviar m/l
  • Black caviar mini
  • Black caviar boy old medium
  • Black calfskin Deauville
  • Black small chain around
  • Black GST
My only colored ones are a white caviar square mini, beige caviar jumbo, pink calf old medium boy and a grey messenger bag. Also all my SLG are black caviar.....I still find I wear my black way more often though! But I do need to stop buying black... eventually.

I read somewhere on this forum the other day, that as you get older you start to understand your fashion preference and then you accept it. I may be paraphrasing a bit but I totally agree. I have 2 black Chanel bags:

Black caviar timeless clutch with chain (my first Chanel)
Black 2.55 227 reissue
Navy m/l classic
Pink rectangular clutch
Hoping to add a black jumbo soon!

I realize from this small assortment I love my black bags more. I finally realize that besides black, I love a good netural colors. Do what feels right. You are generally not wrong if you go with your first instinct.

The style of your bags are all beautifully varied; for different purposes. With that, I don't think u have "too much" black :smile:. Black bags are the absolute easiest for grab n go. This coming from a color girl.

Like Batman Lego said "Always bet on black" hehe.

But if you like, and only if it thrilllssssss u! Only then, get that color

I am thinking this question has plagued us Chanel lovers but I was just wondering if I need to stop. I have a Black Boy Ruthenium, So Black Chevron, Black O-case Gold, Black Classic Ruthenium (that I just bought last week) and last night I pre-ordered the So Black Mini with Crumpled Calf. I do have a Rainbow Boy when I feel like it, but should I stop buying black Chanels? Or are they different enough?
I love what you have...they are all beautiful!! In my humble opinion they are clearly all different & seem to make you happy. I personally wouldn't hesitate on adding another black chanel if I were you because there are so many styles, textures/leather & hardware options to make them be different than what you have...but only if they make your heart sing (which they seem to do!) If & when you are ready to branch out into colors/neutrals, you will know when you see "it!" Oh & your rainbow Boy surely is a unique! :flowers:

Reactions: Bibi25260