Do Garden Party Totes come with authenticity cards?

smallfry

My Sweet Angel
O.G.
Dec 18, 2005
I am having a nightmare on ebay right now. I just sold that adorable TTPM that I bought a few weeks ago and the buyer is trying to get me to issue a refund because she says its too small and it doesn't come with authenticity cards. But I don't recall EVER seeing these "cards". Can someone help, please? Thanks!

I am having a nightmare on ebay right now. I just sold that adorable TTPM that I bought a few weeks ago and the buyer is trying to get me to issue a refund because she says its too small and it doesn't come with authenticity cards. But I don't recall EVER seeing these "cards". Can someone help, please? Thanks!

NO they dont --as a matter of fact none of their bags do................

Thanks so much! It is funny, because even though my items are final sale, I would have taken it back if she was gracious about it. But she totally attacked my auction and said she was "duped". Now I am afraid to take it back because she might send me a fake replacement. Well, after many, many years on eBay, I guess it was time to have a bad experience. Thanks again ladies!!

If you've stated clearly in your auction the size of the bag, as well as the fact that it did not come with authencity cards, then I say you're safe. Let her go on and on but she will not have a case because you have represented everything correctly in your item description.

Agree - if you've listed it with measurements and stated there was no card then I'd ignore her ranting.

If she knew anything about Hermes then she'd have probably tried the bag in the shop and then search Ebay to save some money. Did you say that ALL SALES ARE FINAL in your listing? If you did then tough. If she leaves a negative then you can respond by placing an additional message stating measurements were supplied with listing etc, buyer cannot read!:graucho:

I don't think there was a need to state there was no authenticity card. If there had been one originally and it was lost, that would be one thing, but if H doesn't even have them, then I see no reason to mention all the things that aren't included.

Did you mention in the copy that it was a petite or small size? Sometimes people just have no conception of size, even when measurements are given. You may have done this already, but if something is really small, to cover yourself, it's a good idea to say that it is petite, tiny, etc.

However, it is up to the buyer to understand what she is buying and I see no reason to let her return it. I, like you, would be afraid it was a fake one being returned or that it was dirty, etc.

I hope everything works out OK. I hate hassles like this, too!!

If you have specified the size of the bag or an indication of it's size (such as a photo against something that's obviously measurable) then I don't think the buy has a case against you. Just stand firm. You're right, the buyer could send you a fake one back so that would be the last thing you want to happen.

Just tell her Hermes bags never come with an authenticity card. My family has 3 bags (including a GP) and none of them has the card. The only card that's ever included is a little pamphlet that introduces the leather and how to take care of it.

If she's unsure of it's authenticity, you should ask her to go and confirm it's authenticity at an Hermes store!

I don't think there was a need to state there was no authenticity card. If there had been one originally and it was lost, that would be one thing, but if H doesn't even have them, then I see no reason to mention all the things that aren't included.

Did you mention in the copy that it was a petite or small size? Sometimes people just have no conception of size, even when measurements are given. You may have done this already, but if something is really small, to cover yourself, it's a good idea to say that it is petite, tiny, etc.

However, it is up to the buyer to understand what she is buying and I see no reason to let her return it. I, like you, would be afraid it was a fake one being returned or that it was dirty, etc.

I hope everything works out OK. I hate hassles like this, too!!

extremely good point!!!