Do any Korean doctors have great DCF rhinoplasty results?

egghead

May 11, 2020
I am really against putting an implant in my nose no matter if I use the “safest” material. I was set on getting a DCF rhino done by Dr. Yoo but his prices range from $20k to $22k... Many people have told me that this is a scam and you shouldn’t be paying that much. So if anyone knows of any docs that specialize in DCF I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts and experiences. Thank you

I am really against putting an implant in my nose no matter if I use the “safest” material. I was set on getting a DCF rhino done by Dr. Yoo but his prices range from $20k to $22k... Many people have told me that this is a scam and you shouldn’t be paying that much. So if anyone knows of any docs that specialize in DCF I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts and experiences. Thank you
OMG, how come its too high?

I know Dr. Chang @hanabi uses dcf and Dr. Kim @Cocoline plastic Surgery. Donald Yoo is definitely overpriced. He has mixed reviews on yelp and RS. If I pay that kind of $$$ then the surgeon needs to have a spotless record.

Reactions: bunny2025
i think no surgeon 100% has no spotless record, might be have its just we dont know n they cover it up.

anyway
cocoline and hanabi is my top list.
lmao,totally agree with you on that but this is one of the reviews he has on yelp with pics. I would be wary of such results for that kind of $$.

The opinions expressed in this review are of my own. This review reflects my personal experience during and after surgery.

I strongly dislike my Revision Rhinoplasty results. I understand nasal swelling will be present for quite some time. Dr. Yoo states I will see "final results" in 2-3 years. However, as the swelling decreases, the more off-centered my nose appears. Swelling isn't responsible for crookedness and my nose being off-centered from my midline.

Additionally, my nose no longer lines up with my two front teeth. Given that my nose is off-centered and pushed to one side of my face, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I will upload a photo of my smile within a week. When I smile, the misalignment is very noticeable and distracting. Not only does my nose look worse, but now my smile looks bizarre.

In addition, my nose curves and resembles the shape of the letter C. I also have an indentation at the top of my bridge, which I assume is the start of a spreader graft.

Furthermore, my nose tip leans severely to one side of my face. The severity of the deviation is apparent from the basal view. For reference, I've added a picture of my nose from the basal view.

Further, I do not like how asymmetrical my nostrils are. One nostril is large from the frontal and side view while the other nostril appears notched. Also, I don't particularly appreciate that my nostril is shorter than the other. If you look at the photo of my basal view, you'll notice that one nostril is shorter than the other. I wonder if this is contributing to the unevenness at my tip.

Moreover, I am not pleased with my side profile. It seems the top of my bridge deswelled dramatically. I miss the height my nose bridge had early on. As of now, I have a visible polybeak deformity.

I was initially pleased with my nose based on the photo on Dr. Yoo's Instagram story. Unfortunately, my nose doesn't resemble the photo he posted. To say I am disappointed with my results is an understatement.

Sadly, this review only covers 1 part of my review and only covers the cosmetic issues, which are the least of my concerns right now. Despite the unfortunate cosmetic results, the functional issues I'm experiencing are of more importance. Please see real self for more details.

Photo of Donald B Yoo, MD, FACS - Beverly Hills, CA, United States. After
Photo of Donald B Yoo, MD, FACS - Beverly Hills, CA, United States. What Dr. Yoo posted to his Instagram. Looks nothing like my actual result after surgery.

Have you consulted with Hanabi or Cocoline in person? When are you planning to have surgery?

Reactions: feelingpeachy
lmao,totally agree with you on that but this is one of the reviews he has on yelp with pics. I would be wary of such results for that kind of $$.

The opinions expressed in this review are of my own. This review reflects my personal experience during and after surgery.

I strongly dislike my Revision Rhinoplasty results. I understand nasal swelling will be present for quite some time. Dr. Yoo states I will see "final results" in 2-3 years. However, as the swelling decreases, the more off-centered my nose appears. Swelling isn't responsible for crookedness and my nose being off-centered from my midline.

Additionally, my nose no longer lines up with my two front teeth. Given that my nose is off-centered and pushed to one side of my face, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I will upload a photo of my smile within a week. When I smile, the misalignment is very noticeable and distracting. Not only does my nose look worse, but now my smile looks bizarre.

In addition, my nose curves and resembles the shape of the letter C. I also have an indentation at the top of my bridge, which I assume is the start of a spreader graft.

Furthermore, my nose tip leans severely to one side of my face. The severity of the deviation is apparent from the basal view. For reference, I've added a picture of my nose from the basal view.

Further, I do not like how asymmetrical my nostrils are. One nostril is large from the frontal and side view while the other nostril appears notched. Also, I don't particularly appreciate that my nostril is shorter than the other. If you look at the photo of my basal view, you'll notice that one nostril is shorter than the other. I wonder if this is contributing to the unevenness at my tip.

Moreover, I am not pleased with my side profile. It seems the top of my bridge deswelled dramatically. I miss the height my nose bridge had early on. As of now, I have a visible polybeak deformity.

I was initially pleased with my nose based on the photo on Dr. Yoo's Instagram story. Unfortunately, my nose doesn't resemble the photo he posted. To say I am disappointed with my results is an understatement.

Sadly, this review only covers 1 part of my review and only covers the cosmetic issues, which are the least of my concerns right now. Despite the unfortunate cosmetic results, the functional issues I'm experiencing are of more importance. Please see real self for more details.

Photo of Donald B Yoo, MD, FACS - Beverly Hills, CA, United States. What Dr. Yoo posted to his Instagram. Looks nothing like my actual result after surgery.

Have you consulted with Hanabi or Cocoline in person? When are you planning to have surgery?
im sory to heard that,
i saw your reviews in realself.
i guess Dr. Yoo not that perfect i amaze with his work before, my dream was do rhino with him.

so i had online consultation with hanabi and cocoline and the price seem like in my budget

i will do in february next year.

@male_whonotconfident that wasn't my review. I saw it on Yelp but I hear Yoo had the review deleted from RS. I had my revision done at VIP clinic and it was a disaster and I need another revision to correct my botched nose. Cocoline and Hanabi are also on my short list so I'll be looking forward to your updates.

@male_whonotconfident that wasn't my review. I saw it on Yelp but I hear Yoo had the review deleted from RS. I had my revision done at VIP clinic and it was a disaster and I need another revision to correct my botched nose. Cocoline and Hanabi are also on my short list so I'll be looking forward to your updates.
ahhh sory i thought thats your review, yeah i saw that review in RS
i will definitely cant wait for my surgery in february and write a review here in forum. I hope this covid get ease by that time.

ahhh sory i thought thats your review, yeah i saw that review in RS
i will definitely cant wait for my surgery in february and write a review here in forum. I hope this covid get ease by that time.
Hi HANABI is also on my list but did you know that he's not a plastic surgeon? the doctor there is an ENT so for sure your nose will feel and function better on the inside but aesthetically looking I'm not 100% sure. I feel like he might be good though, :smile:

Reactions: Horimiya
@male_whonotconfident Hope everything went well! Would love to hear about your experience.

I'm also trying to get DCF rhino in Korea and this thread has been really helpful. From my research so far I've found the following clinics likely offer DCF, and my read on the overall quality of each clinic.

ClinicOffers DCF?Overall quality of clinic
Cocoline/HanabiYes, as mentioned in this threadCan't find much info; looks positive but very few reviews online
GNGYes, has a "no plant" rhinoplastySeems like they have quite a few bad reviews on this forum
Dream PSYes, per K Couture's post on Dr. Park (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/my-plastic-surgery-with-dream-medical-group.867732/)Mostly positive reviews but I saw a few negative reviews on this forum; I don't think I've seen any negative posts about Dr. Park specifically though
CinderellaMaybe since on their website they say you can select "autologous dermis cartilage" which I assume is DCFSeems largely positive on this forum, but apparently quite expensive vs. others
Gowoonsaesang
Maybe since their website says they can harvest from septal, ear, rib: http://eng.beautyforeverps.co.kr/index.php/html/358

Not sure if they do DCF or only solid rib
Seems largely positive but not many English reviews
Dr. Yoo (US; not Korean)Yes, looks like he only does DCF and doesn't use siliconeNegative reviews on youtube

Last edited:
@male_whonotconfident Hope everything went well! Would love to hear about your experience.

I'm also trying to get DCF rhino in Korea and this thread has been really helpful. From my research so far I've found the following clinics likely offer DCF, and my read on the overall quality of each clinic.

ClinicOffers DCF?Overall quality of clinic
Cocoline/HanabiYes, as mentioned in this threadCan't find much info; looks positive but very few reviews online
GNGYes, has a "no plant" rhinoplastySeems like they have quite a few bad reviews on this forum
Dream PSYes, per K Couture's post on Dr. Park (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/my-plastic-surgery-with-dream-medical-group.867732/)Mostly positive reviews but I saw a few negative reviews on this forum; I don't think I've seen any negative posts about Dr. Park specifically though
CinderellaMaybe since on their website they say you can select "autologous dermis cartilage" which I assume is DCFSeems largely positive on this forum, but apparently quite expensive vs. others
Gowoonsaesang
Maybe since their website says they can harvest from septal, ear, rib: http://eng.beautyforeverps.co.kr/index.php/html/358

Not sure if they do DCF or only solid rib
Seems largely positive but not many English reviews
Dr. Yoo (US)Yes, looks like he only does DCF and doesn't use siliconeSeems quite positive, but I think he charges something like $20K
As for Dr. Yoo, he has a lot of videos on rhinoplasty on youtube, check it out, he does mostly asian, and it DOESNT LOOK GOOD! its like he took a caucasian nose and stuck it in a soft asian face. I'm telling it doesnt match. There was a filipino girl youtuber that went to him last year and she made a 1 year update, she said her nose tip keeps moving and it makes sounds when she moves it like a popping sound. look her up. also if you noticed he does 1 type/style of nose. he had a few people leave negative comments about him and he threatened to sue them.

Reactions: samsam04
As for Dr. Yoo, he has a lot of videos on rhinoplasty on youtube, check it out, he does mostly asian, and it DOESNT LOOK GOOD! its like he took a caucasian nose and stuck it in a soft asian face. I'm telling it doesnt match. There was a filipino girl youtuber that went to him last year and she made a 1 year update, she said her nose tip keeps moving and it makes sounds when she moves it like a popping sound. look her up. also if you noticed he does 1 type/style of nose. he had a few people leave negative comments about him and he threatened to sue them.
Oh wow that's good to know. That sounds quite scary, and you'd think that as a Youtuber she probably even got extra care/attention. I edited my post.

Oh wow that's good to know. That sounds quite scary, and you'd think that as a Youtuber she probably even got extra care/attention. I edited my post.
I think thats because she didnt really promote him, but if you see his other videos, you'll see how i'm sorry for this word but "ugly" the nose he puts on patients are. but i guess high unnatural caucasian looking noses on asians are a trend in u.s. california?