DKNY Red Delicious or Be Delicious?

Jan 28, 2007
Can anyone explain the difference between these two? Does anyone favor one over the other, and why? Thanks- I always liked Be Delicious, and smelled the Red Delicious a few times, but I am unsure and would only like to purchase one. Thanks!

I have both, i use Be Delicious for daytime and Red Delicious for evening, they are my favourite perfumes, very fresh and summery! I must say i do prefer Be Delicious though :smile:

The color. lol. When it first came out, I asked a rep (and other fragrance addicts) if the scents were different, and was told the notes are exactly the same. I decided to get the red since it was a holiday promo and limited edition then.

I have both too, they are my favourites, I have tons of compliments while wearing them!
I agree, Red is more for the evening, while Be delicious I use every day.
IMO Be delicious is actually more fresh and you cannot really feel fruit there, while Red delicious is fruity and smells of apples (that what my friend told me from smelling both).

they`re actually quite different, notes and ingredients wise ...to me green one is a day, fresh smell, and the red one much more sensual :smile:

Red Delicious :

Notes:
Champagne Accord, Lychee, Red Raspberry, Apple, Rose, Vanilla Bean, Patchouli, Amber, Sensual Skin Accord, Raspberry.

Be delicious :

Notes:
American Apple, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Candid Magnolia, Tuberose, White Muguet, Rose, Violet, Sandalwood, Tender Skin Accord, Blonde Woods, White Amber.

Hmm...ok. I know the red is permanent now, so they may have modified it so it would actually be a different scent? It originally came out a few years ago temporarily, then reintroduced. I'm tempted to compare my red with the new red since I seriously couldn't tell a difference between the two colors back then, so I decided to ask a few sources.

Figured it out. The "be delicious" in the identical red bottle of today (except the sticker) came out over two years ago was the same fragrance. We used to call it "red delicious" because it was in a LE red bottle. Apparently it was reintroduced with different notes and was officially called red delicious...not that anyone cares (lol)...but this was bugging me.

Be Delicious, which came out in 2004, is a leafy green floral. I also get some violet leaves when I smell it.

Red Delicious, is much more conventional, very simple fragrance with sweet berry notes... a fruity-floral.

The original Be Delicious is much more unusual and interesting, IMO.

Just to confuse you, there is now a limited edition "DKNY Be Delicious Picnic in the Park" for women, which is supposed to be lighter and more playful than the the original apple-based fragrance. I don't see how it could be lighter and more playful... but that's what the ad says...

Figured it out. The "be delicious" in the identical red bottle of today (except the sticker) came out over two years ago was the same fragrance. We used to call it "red delicious" because it was in a LE red bottle. Apparently it was reintroduced with different notes and was officially called red delicious...not that anyone cares (lol)...but this was bugging me.

Interesting! Thank you for clearing that up!