DIY:making holes on your short handle LP for a shoulder strap

Dear all, I have attached few pics of my two LP with shoulder strap as below:

View attachment 2729200View attachment 2729201

I have got few questions on how I did thr strap holes. Here are the close up pictures of the hole & the tools:

View attachment 2729209View attachment 2729210

The DIY is super easy. Here is the youtube link:

And here is the tool sold on amazon.

Good luck in trying this 👍✌️
I came across your post searching for a way to add a strap to my Longchamp. And I'm glad I did! Thank you for showing us how to punch the hole and add the eyelet. I did mine in about 30mins and it came out perfect. Thank you! IMG_20190103_114658_665.jpg

Curious if this voids any "warranty" or basically the promise that Longchamp makes to repair the corners once at no charge or any other repairs that may need to be done? I know for example, that LV will refuse to repair any product that has been modified.

Finally got the strap I ordered from Mautto.
Here it is:
View attachment 2985094
View attachment 2985095

The brown nylon is a bit darker than LP leather. I think it's fine tho. I like that this strap is adjustable.
Are you till loving this? How is wear? Did it take much strength to put the holes in it?
I came across your post searching for a way to add a strap to my Longchamp. And I'm glad I did! Thank you for showing us how to punch the hole and add the eyelet. I did mine in about 30mins and it came out perfect. Thank you! View attachment 4295850
Thanks for bumping this thread! Just got a deal on a small short handle Eiffel Tower and want to try this. I hope I can do a good job like everyone here has done!

Reactions: cheidel and pbnjam
Curious if this voids any "warranty" or basically the promise that Longchamp makes to repair the corners once at no charge or any other repairs that may need to be done? I know for example, that LV will refuse to repair any product that has been modified.

Are you till loving this? How is wear? Did it take much strength to put the holes in it?

Thanks for bumping this thread! Just got a deal on a small short handle Eiffel Tower and want to try this. I hope I can do a good job like everyone here has done!
I don't know about the warranty, but I'm ok if they don't repair it.
If you have the leather lunch tool the OP used (that's the one I used, too) it doesn't take much strength, but you do need a hammer. It was pretty easy.
Good luck.

Reactions: p3b
I don't know about the warranty, but I'm ok if they don't repair it.
If you have the leather lunch tool the OP used (that's the one I used, too) it doesn't take much strength, but you do need a hammer. It was pretty easy.
Good luck.
Thank you! I have a bad shoulder so was worried. I am going to try it when I get my newest Longchamp on Monday

Reactions: cheidel
Hi everyone. This is my first post here and I actually found this forum and thread because I was searching for a way to do exactly this.

I have a bunch of LP expandable totes (the Nordstrom exclusive ones that zip in the middle to make them smaller) and I’ve been wanting a crossbody strap option for a while.

So, I know most of these posts were made a while ago, but for those of you who have done this mod, how’s it been holding up? I use my LPs as daily work bags and often have a lot of stuff, so I’m worried about the leather tabs splitting or tearing from the weight. They do seem sturdy though, and it looks like a lot of you have had good results...

Would love to hear more updates on this!!