Dithering about a bag purchase...Vert Anis Lindy? Yes or No?

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
Okay, so let's say I have the chance to get a Lindy in vert anis swift.

I regret not getting this bag in rosy swift, and everytime I'm confronted with Miss MaggieD's gorgy turquoise swift Lindy I turn 18 shades of vert anis, so evidently part of me is craving a brightly colored bag.

1) I'm concerned that the color might be too bold.

2) I'm concerned that I might be getting a bag that screams 2008. I buy my bags expecting to carry them for years, until they literally fall apart.

3) I'm also concerned that it would end up being something I couldn't wear very many months out of the year.

I would reallyreallyreally welcome opinions. I've become a fan of the color over the last 6 months, but don't want to make a spency mistake.

Help? Please? Anybody? Everybody?

vert anis has been an H color for such a long time that I don't think it would "scream 2008." It's a great color.

That's a very good point. I've been seeing a few articles about how green is the color to have this spring, so I really didn't process how long VA's been around. Hmmmm.

I was just reading the bagsnob's blog and this is their featured handbag...
read for yourself and see what they are talking about, talk about coincidences! ;)

x

after reading that I also started to ask myself the same question :nuts:

good luck and enjoy!

please post pics and credit bagsnob, but don't post links to other handbag blogs. Thank you!

IMHO vert anis is a very beautiful classic H color. I'd like to get a bolide or a birkin in this color. Lindy, however is very youthful looking and I've not warmed up to it over the years. I'm afraid that my stuff will be very hard to find in the bag, and I typically prefer a more defined/ structured look to my handbags. When I look into my bag, I want to be able to see everything at once if you know what I mean.

It's a very personal choice, but vert anis is breathtaking.

gga I love vert anis and I think Lindy is particuarly perfect in swift.

If you wanted to tone down the "greeness" you could go to vert charteruse but then you have to go clemence.

I think you're on a winner with VA swift so fresh and so fabulous. If you are where I think you are you'll have no problem wearing VA for most (if not all) of the year. You can work green back with browns and greys when it cooler and it will always look great with denim.

I was just reading the bagsnob's blog and this is their featured handbag...
read for yourself and see what they are talking about, talk about coincidences! ;)

x

after reading that I also started to ask myself the same question :nuts:

good luck and enjoy!

LOL, I guess the Texas stores got their shipments all at the same time.

Sigh. It's a beautiful color. I've been pining for the turquoise, but my order was rejected at podium. I have a wide range of bags/colors that I could happily carry. The color is beautiful. I got the call, but haven't gone in to see it IRL yet.

gga I love vert anis and I think Lindy is particuarly perfect in swift.

If you wanted to tone down the "greeness" you could go to vert charteruse but then you have to go clemence.

I think you're on a winner with VA swift so fresh and so fabulous. If you are where I think you are you'll have no problem wearing VA for most (if not all) of the year. You can work green back with browns and greys when it cooler and it will always look great with denim.

That's a very good point. I can see it looking very nice with browns and blacks. And denim is ALWAYS a staple for me.

LOL, sounds like I may be exactly where you think I am.

Since this is all hypothetical, if the bag screams to you & you have the funds, then by all means purchase it. Vert anis has been around for ages. And I'm soooooo glad that others are FINALLY warming up to the Lindy. Good luck!

I say YAY! Lindy's are great bags for color and I don't find swift as delicate as everyone says. Handheld they are very elegant whereas shoulder swung, they are youthful. I love the LINDY!

Since this is all hypothetical, if the bag screams to you & you have the funds, then by all means purchase it. Vert anis has been around for ages. And I'm soooooo glad that others are FINALLY warming up to the Lindy. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm thinking this is about to get a whole lot less hypothetical in about an hour.:yahoo:

GGA, I agree with others that you shouldn't worry about VA being too bold or too 2008 or even too seasonal! But I think that if you are presented with the opp to get one, make sure you try on the bag instead of purchasing sight unseen. For me, VA just doesn't work with my skin tone. And the Lindy just doesn't look right on me -- I think when shoulder-carried, it hits at a very bad spot on my hip! Anyway, just my $0.02. HTH!