distressed calf skin vs caviar

Speaking of umbrella. When I was visiting Seattle in December, several people told me it was uncool to use one. :wtf: I've noticed the majority wears jackets with hoods instead. Hmmmm.....it's it uncool to be all drenched?:confused1:

^eh, whatever:rolleyes: They're notoriously casual so I can see that. . . but I still carried an umbrella and didn't care! LOL!

I wouldn't carry any Chanel in the rain purposefully to be honest.

The other day, I didn't expect it to rain in the summer, but it did, and I didn't have the umbrella with me, so I took out my laptop, try to squeeze my jumbo inside the laptop bag. There this lady looked at me in disbelief. She was like, do you know that the laptop is going to get wet, and it doesn't work anymore... The jumbo would not fit in the laptop case, but half of it was in, but I can't close the case, so it's still wide open. I was thinking about putting it inside my blouse, but I was wearing a dress. You guys have to see me struggling trying to find a warm nice space for my bag... hahahahaha... Since I got my Chanel, I bought the golf umbrella, which is much bigger, but you know, sometimes a few drops still get on it. So, go back to my question, can I wipe off the water on distressed calf skin and not leave a mark?

oh yeah. . . you didn't say it would be a stray droplet here or there.
A few drops wouldn't hurt a calfskin bag.
In fact, more than a few fell on my lamb WoC in Italy and it didn't leave one teeny speck, still looks new.
Your's would be fine.

I'm in Manila where it rains probably as much as in Seattle (if not more LOL). So far my calfskin bags have survived without a problem. I certainly wouldn't get the bag drenched - an umbrella is a good idea. Actually here, an enterprising someone is selling raincoats for bags. I think they are ingenious but somewhat hideous (well, priorities I guess haha).

Even my lambskin bags have been hit by a few stray droplets and are fine:smile:

And Off topic but Sophie's comment reminds me of when I lived in New York. It seemed almost a crime to walk with an umbrella. It would rain and people would just go on walking like nothing was happening. And walking in the crowd with one would be almost impossible, particularly for a shortie like me... Maybe a little plastic bag folded in your handbag would be useful for such emergencies:smile: