Disneys First Black Princess Introduced

I can't wait to see that.

Kind of off topic, but not really . . . has anyone seen HBO Family's Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales For Every Child? It's a series that retells the world's most famous fairy tales with a cast of characters from different ethnic backgrounds. The episode I saw was The Princess and the Pea with an Asian cast. Margaret Cho voiced the queen and Karen Lew voiced the Princess.

I think it's wonderful that children see that not all the princesses/princes and all the heroines/heros are white. A black girl can be a princess and an Asian boy can be a prince.

I have seen that show on HBO and it is great for learning about fairy tales and different cultures.

It is about time that Disney finally have a black princesss! I can't wait to see the movie and I hope it is done really well.

I can't wait to see that.

Kind of off topic, but not really . . . has anyone seen HBO Family's Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales For Every Child? It's a series that retells the world's most famous fairy tales with a cast of characters from different ethnic backgrounds. The episode I saw was The Princess and the Pea with an Asian cast. Margaret Cho voiced the queen and Karen Lew voiced the Princess.

I think it's wonderful that children see that not all the princesses/princes and all the heroines/heros are white. A black girl can be a princess and an Asian boy can be a prince.

Awesome. I'm going to look for this right now!

My 4-yo is a huge fan of the Disney princesses. She has not noticed yet that people have different ethnic backgrounds , which is in a way wonderful - to her everyone is the same, KWIM?

It does bother me that most of the "princesses" are Caucasian. Mulan is a warrior and Pocahontas is a chieftain's daughter, so the only technically non-white princess is Jasmine. I can't wait to see this new princess. This is long overdue! :yahoo: