Discontinued Soho Disco

Dec 2019 I bought the red Disco. In March 2021 I went into Gucci to look at the beige. At that time my SA told me that red had been discontinued and that at some point beige would be next and then black would be last to be discontinued. He said they’ve been told that eventually the Disco will be discontinued but he didn’t know when. He told me that when I see the beige discontinued online that black will follow at some point. He also said that just because it’s not available online doesn’t mean that it can’t be found at a boutique somewhere in the country for a period of time. I bought the beige in Dec 2021. I want the black at some point but as long as I see beige still offered online I feel like black will still be around for a while - if I go by what my SA told me in 2021.
I mean I'm not gonna lie, when I heard it was being discontinued I considered buying another black one to have as a backup! It's the best bag. Fits so much stuff!

Reactions: Ms.Dixie
And i just got my Gucci Soho yesterday:blush: and heard the same thing from the SA that this bag will be discontinued soon.. and i am surprised to know that this “discontinued” has been around for a long time. I really love the Soho that is why i bought it but could not deny the fact that what prompted me to get it was when i heard that Soho might not be available soon. Now im curious if this discontinued “rumor” thingy is just a sales strategy.

Hi,

I don’t know exactly what’s going on, but I’ve been told in very definite words by my SA here in Europe that the bag is discontinued and won’t be returning. It’s no longer available on the Gucci website in Europe. I’ve been in touch with Net-a-Porter and Matchesfashion trying to get hold of one and they both have the same response: due to restrictions set by Gucci themselves they’re not allowed to sell or ship the Soho Disco to Europe, UK, Russia and the Middle East. It’s still available some places in the US, but I get the same response. This bag isn’t allowed to be sold or shipped to a European country. So I don’t know why this is, but apparently it’s all by design.

TwiggyM - I heard same from the SA, could be the reason why they don’t display the item anymore and would not offer it unless you ask which i did since i went to the shop specifically for Soho. When i came the Ophidia Neo Vintage Camera bag almost stole my heart but in the end Soho won especially when the SA said they are just finishing the stocks but i still do hope not true..

The Disco was at Woodbury Commons outlet when I went the weekend before last - they had all three colors and they were full price, no discount. So you can find it at the outlets but no deal to be had, at least not yet anyway.