Disaster!-Broken Paddington-Advice Needed!!

wanabagsobad

one too many
Jan 15, 2010
Hi,

The handle broke on my denim blue front pocket paddington!!

I took it into the Chloe store where they told me they would'nt fix it without the original documentation, which I don't have as I tossed them when I moved house about two years ago (silly me:shrugs:).

I then took the bag to my bag repairer who said he couldn't fiw it either as it's a fixing unique to Chloe. So where do I go from here ???

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed !

Attachments

• Photo0223.jpg
    Photo0223.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Photo0222.jpg
    Photo0222.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 55
Two things you can do: First, there is a repair shop in NY that Chloe uses who will fix your bag, or you can take it to Nordstrom and they will tell you where they would send it if you had bought it there. The Chloe repair place is called, Shoe Service Plus, 15 W. 55th Street,
New York, New York, 10019 and their phone is: 212-262-4823. Ask for "Luis." The last time I used them, he was there and he's great. You can send them the bag, (insure it of course) and they will fix it, and send it back. Make sure they are sending it back to you insured as well, (UPS or Fedex is best, IMO) They will call you with the cost of repair and you can give them your credit info over the phone. This is where Chloe sent some of my repaired items to and they are terrific.
Nordstrom is also very good about this and they will tell you where they would send it as well. In Chicago they DON'T send it to Chloe, they have a repair shop they use to repair Chloe. There is a thread on this somewhere as well with perhaps more places you can use. ;););)

I don't see why not, but you need to call first to ask about them shipping back to you internationally. If they won't do it, then I would ask around at the best shops near you where they would send a repair. Chloe is notorious for not being too cooperative about repairs, but you should be able to find a shop that does repairs for high end shoe/handbag shops. All the stores in the states seem to have a repair place that is their "favorite" for this. Also a high end department store may be able to direct you as well. Good luck, I think you will be fine on this.

i dont see why a shoe cobbler cant fix this. I had a stud break on my bag but in a different position. Its not a fix unique to Chloe, thats rubbish, sounds like he didnt want to bother.

i dont see why a shoe cobbler cant fix this. I had a stud break on my bag but in a different position. Its not a fix unique to Chloe, thats rubbish, sounds like he didnt want to bother.

I was thinking the same thing as Rowe. I had the exact same thing happen to a brand new Paddington the first day I carried her. The rivet broke free on the handle. I took her to my regular shoe repair, they took it back and fixed it in less than 5 minutes. They didn't even charge me. It seems a good shoe and leather repair should be able to do this repair with no problem. At most they might have to order a new rivet. With mine, they were able to put/hammer the rivet and the clasp back together. It never came undone after that.