Disaster Averted

I've had 2 mishaps with my Bals. The first one was with my Cassis City. I accidentally closed my closet door on my cat who decided to hang out in there while I had it open. Had no idea she was in there so I went to work. When I came back home I was wondering why my cat didn't greet me at the door like she usually does. I started looking around the apartment and heard her meows from inside my walk-in closet. Poor thing was stuck there the whole time I was at work and took out her frustrations on my leather jackets and Bal bag!

The scratches were only superficial...She took out most of her frustrations on the jackets. Some one here advised me to use Apple Conditioner to blend the scratches and it worked like magic. U can barely tell they were even there before!

My other mishap was with my Jacynthe City. I came home from dinner one day and found some kind of sauce or condiment on the front of the bag. I just took a damp washcloth and wiped it off. No permanent marks and no damage to the leather. Whew! :smile:

Lucky there was no permanent damage in either situation.

That's my biggest fear though, my bulldog getting his paws on one of my bags. He eats everything.

I've also caught him eyeing the tassels on my bags. He loves to pounce on anything that moves when he's in play mode....so I'm very, very careful when I have a bag out.
In fact, that's the only time I am very careful.

I've had 2 mishaps with my Bals. The first one was with my Cassis City. I accidentally closed my closet door on my cat who decided to hang out in there while I had it open. Had no idea she was in there so I went to work. When I came back home I was wondering why my cat didn't greet me at the door like she usually does. I started looking around the apartment and heard her meows from inside my walk-in closet. Poor thing was stuck there the whole time I was at work and took out her frustrations on my leather jackets and Bal bag!

OMG !
I have cats and am paranoid about hanging my bag out of their way at home, they watch the darned tassels and there has been one near miss already on that front . . . . .aggghhh !!! Glad you could rectify the scratches, that's amazing !

Once I hung up my Bal bag by the strap on the coat hanger in the bathroom cubicle, the stain (don't know what it was!!!) on the hanger got transferred to the strap!!!!! Since then, I have developed a habit of wiping the coat hanger and the area under it quickly before I hang anything up there.....:smile:

I'm sorry that happened to you! Thank you for the good pointer!

The scratches were only superficial...She took out most of her frustrations on the jackets. Some one here advised me to use Apple Conditioner to blend the scratches and it worked like magic. U can barely tell they were even there before!

My other mishap was with my Jacynthe City. I came home from dinner one day and found some kind of sauce or condiment on the front of the bag. I just took a damp washcloth and wiped it off. No permanent marks and no damage to the leather. Whew! :smile:

Wow, those are too scary ones! Glad everything worked out