Disappointments

I bought the Lumineuse in infini towards the end of this past September (2013) in Paris at the Champs Elysees store with a date stamp of 2103 and in just these past 5 months, the shoulder strap is cracked throughout the entire strap along both edges. It looks terrible :sad: But the top handle straps and the piping along the bag itself are fine. Just the shoulder strap looks like it's been through hell and back. Yes, I wear the bag most days, but I'm careful with it and always keep it in its dustbag at home in attempt to keep the leather from drying out and cracking.

I haven't tried taking it to the LV store yet. Before I went to Europe, I contacted LV's online support to make sure that regardless if I purchase handbags abroad (I bought this Lumi and the Neverfull mono), LV here in the US will still stand behind the merchandise I purchase and the customer support responded back saying that of course they will. But now I'm afraid the store will tell me that it's 'normal wear and tear' since the bag's been used. I don't know how to approach them or what to say that will get them to agree that such an expensive handbag should be of a more reliable quality than this and that they should replace the shoulder strap.

Attachments

• lumi2.jpg
    lumi2.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 671
I bought the Lumineuse in infini towards the end of this past September (2013) in Paris at the Champs Elysees store with a date stamp of 2103 and in just these past 5 months, the shoulder strap is cracked throughout the entire strap along both edges. It looks terrible :sad: But the top handle straps and the piping along the bag itself are fine. Just the shoulder strap looks like it's been through hell and back. Yes, I wear the bag most days, but I'm careful with it and always keep it in its dustbag at home in attempt to keep the leather from drying out and cracking.

I haven't tried taking it to the LV store yet. Before I went to Europe, I contacted LV's online support to make sure that regardless if I purchase handbags abroad (I bought this Lumi and the Neverfull mono), LV here in the US will still stand behind the merchandise I purchase and the customer support responded back saying that of course they will. But now I'm afraid the store will tell me that it's 'normal wear and tear' since the bag's been used. I don't know how to approach them or what to say that will get them to agree that such an expensive handbag should be of a more reliable quality than this and that they should replace the shoulder strap.

I think your bag speaks very strongly for itself. You just said it yourself, the rest of the leather is absolutely fine. If only one part shows such damage, it's usually not tear an wear. If you were abusing your bag, the corners would be scraped, the bottom scratched, the interior dirty etc ....
As only the strap is tearing, however, I think you've got a very strong case that this is not your fault but a quality control issue. :smile:

I have kept away from reading the LV thread (like before) but now I have to share my two disappointments...

my Vernis Alma PM Rose Florentine has turned yellowish

and after reading the lumineuse pm clubhouse my worst fear has been confirmed...

my Empreinte Lumineuse PM has defects....

bummer...

Shyviolet - I'm still having nightmares about your Vernis Alma. Has there been any progress with LV?

Shyviolet - I'm still having nightmares about your Vernis Alma. Has there been any progress with LV?

Thanks for asking...

Hopeless... initially they said it can be repaired, but I just received a call today and apparently it cannot be repaired... they offered an exchange, which is a good thing I suppose ...

I am sad now (very sentimental about the bag which was surprising really, I felt like someone died and I know it's just a bag, but imagine someone attached to a pet and their pet die... I'm also embarrassed about this feelings) but trying to look at the brighter side

I'm going to choose the replacement when I pick up the Lum which they are repairing ( after 3 to 4 weeks I think)

I was going to post a reply after I have picked up the purses...but since you asked ....

Did you take the purse back to the store? they should really replace it for free since it is less than a year

Thanks for asking...

Hopeless... initially they said it can be repaired, but I just received a call today and apparently it cannot be repaired... they offered an exchange, which is a good thing I suppose ...

I am sad now (very sentimental about the bag which was surprising really, I felt like someone died and I know it's just a bag, but imagine someone attached to a pet and their pet die... I'm also embarrassed about this feelings) but trying to look at the brighter side

I'm going to choose the replacement when I pick up the Lum which they are repairing ( after 3 to 4 weeks I think)

I was going to post a reply after I have picked up the purses...but since you asked ....
Glad to hear that they are taking care of you- please keep us posted!

Thanks for asking...

Thanks for the update I'm glad they are replacing and repairing. I asked because I must have checked in on my vernis pieces a couple of times since reading your post always thinking about your pictures as I walked past my closet! I only have pomme d'amour and sunset orange vernis pieces and I do still keep them in the dust bag, but perhaps I shouldn't. I haven't committed either way yet.

I understand your attached feelings to the bags, I would feel the same! No embarrassment here!! Please keep us posted when you get it sorted out. :biggrin:

Thanks for asking...

What about the yellowing on the alma?

Just a question... Did the dustbag of the alma get damp at any point? The yellowing looks like color transfer from the dust bag. Normally that wouldn't be a problem with a dry light colored cloth.... But as I discovered ...with a pair of nude patent jimmy choos in a blue dustbag traveling ...add any amount of dampness ( it doesn't have to be totally wet ) and you will end up with horrible , unfixable color transfer.
Hard if you live in a humid climate with no a/c.

Did you take the purse back to the store? they should really replace it for free since it is less than a year

I haven't tried yet, no. Now that the Infini color is discontinued, I'm afraid they're just going to tell me to choose a different bag, but I love the Inifni color. It goes with so many colors/outfits. Not to mention there's been 2 price increases since I purchased it in September so choosing a different item is going to cost me more regardless since I'll probably only get a credit of what I paid for the bag in September and not it's current selling price. I don't know if I should just accept having a destroyed shoulder strap on this or trade in/pay more for a different bag I don't love as much...

HELP!! I can't start a thread because I'm brand new to the site..... I just purchased a batignolles from Hong Kong and it smells horribly musty. I'm on the verge of sending it back after trying "fridge-it", which the seller suggested. Will this smell ever come out? It's not only the inside but OUTSIDE too!