Dirty Dirty Seats!

guccimamma

guccimamma
Aug 8, 2006
I watched a news segment on Dirty Places (where germs hide) and one of the VERY Dirtiest was the Seat on the Shopping cart..which is where I always place my purse when Grocery Shopping.

Gross! It is because of all the children with dirty diapers that sit on the seat. They did some sort of swab to test different surfaces. They said NEVER to use it for Food...and I immediately thought of my poor handbags.

I always thought it was the bathroom floor/counter. I am always so careful, but NEVER gave any thought to the shopping cart seat. It is a surface that rarely is cleaned.

YUCK!:yucky:

The grocery stores near me have disposable paper seat covers and shopping cart handle covers. They have them near the shopping carts inside and outside the stores. LOVE that!

I put my debit card in my jeans' pocket and lock my precious handbag in the car. That way nothing ever touches the cart. As soon as I get in my car, I lock the door (of course!) and pour "gallons" of Purell all over my hands. I am a serious germ-a-phobe!

Rarely do I bring a bag food shopping with me. I just grab my wallet. But Oh gross. I hadn't even thought about that. I am more disgusted that I have put FOOD in that part of a cart! Is there anything that is safe anymore???

It's not just the different people using the carts, I notice sometimes that some carts are left in the rain, leaves all over, etc. I doubt if anyone cleans them well.