Dior scarves...

Jun 9, 2011
Hmmm...I'm thinking about getting one. I've seen a bunch at my local boutique and they're all gorgeous. I love how most of them carry some of the history of Dior and/or tell a story. If you ladies and gents have any silk (or any material) scarves you'd like to share, feel free....otherwise, let me know your opinion: Should I get one at $300 which I LOVE or save for another bag?

Signed,

Dior Convert :biggrin:

Hmmm...I'm thinking about getting one. I've seen a bunch at my local boutique and they're all gorgeous. I love how most of them carry some of the history of Dior and/or tell a story. If you ladies and gents have any silk (or any material) scarves you'd like to share, feel free....otherwise, let me know your opinion: Should I get one at $300 which I LOVE or save for another bag?

Signed,

Dior Convert :biggrin:

Dior scarves are lovely, but if you don't normally wear scarves, then I don't recommend one at all. It may just sit in your closet if it doesn't match your style.

I got my mom some Dior scarves after she had some surgery on her neck. The scarves covered the scar well. But now that it's all healed, she doesn't wear the scarves anymore.

On the other hand, if you wear silk scarves all the time, then definitely get a Dior one!

Dior scarves are lovely, but if you don't normally wear scarves, then I don't recommend one at all. It may just sit in your closet if it doesn't match your style.

I got my mom some Dior scarves after she had some surgery on her neck. The scarves covered the scar well. But now that it's all healed, she doesn't wear the scarves anymore.

On the other hand, if you wear silk scarves all the time, then definitely get a Dior one!

Thanks, AverageJoe :smile:. I've decided to hold out. I'll wait and save up for a Miss Dior or a Granville. :smile:

eminere™;20755494 said:
For a little touch of luxury Dior silk scarves are actually quite attractively priced, compared to the other brands.

I agree, eminere! They are really tempting. I love the ones I looked at...I'm just such a bagaholic right now!

I have a vintage 90cm x 90cm that I love, silk scarves are very Dior and if you choose the right colour can be worn almost everyday and there are hundreds of cool ways to wear a silk scarf (including as a top or belt) without looking like the Queen of England (although nothing wrong with that either...)

Cashmere and wool scarves are too warm for me to wear indoors but silk keeps the draft at bay without me feeling and looking like I'm wearing my outdoor cloths indoors.

I agree, eminere! They are really tempting. I love the ones I looked at...I'm just such a bagaholic right now!

that alone says that you should stick to saving the scarf money for buying another beautiful bag ;) depending on the scarf you choose, it might not be suitable for all occasions and if you don't wear scarves often, it could be a waste, but with a bag, you can match it with different outfits no matter the weather, unless it's suede in the summer/rain or leather in the rain!

My Dior boutique invited me (with a GORGEOUS invitation) to a champagne reception this evening, and I think I'm going to treat myself with a scarf I've been lusting after for the last few weeks. Every time I enter the Dior boutique to browse, I stop and admire this one particular silk scarf. Will be sure to do a reveal if I get it! :smile:

wow, that's amazing news! That's one invitation I wouldn't say no to if it came in the mail! enjoy it and if you do purchase the scarf, do a reveal! we'll be waiting! ;)

I know! I'm so excited. It's to celebrate the Chinese New Year, so red will be the featured color. I can hardly wait. They also are featuring a mysterious special "Red Nail Bar." CANNOT WAIT! :yahoo:

I know! I'm so excited. It's to celebrate the Chinese New Year, so red will be the featured color. I can hardly wait. They also are featuring a mysterious special "Red Nail Bar." CANNOT WAIT! :yahoo:

That's really great! That's the first time I've heard a Dior boutique hold an event for CNY! Take lots of pics to share with us too, if it can be done discreetly! :biggrin: