Dior RTW

I think the repeatable part makes the pieces classic, which I like. Before Maria Grazia Chiuri came to Dior, each RTW collection looked quite different from each other, so pieces were easily identifiable by season (and could eventually look dated depending on the design). Now, Dior RTW is similar to Chanel where, with the exception of a few runway pieces, a lot of pieces are almost unidentifiable by season.
Except how many of the same thing can you wear? At some point I don’t need yet another Chanel tweed jacket or another Dior bar jacket. And when Maria Grazia went through her tulle skirt phase, I said to my SA after 3 years of non stop tulle skirts, I’m so sick of seeing tulle skirts and she just laughed. And now I’m very tired of seeing the Paris map on everything. So while I see your point I think sometimes things can get too repetitive.
Edit: I think the bar jacket and the cannage pattern are so Dior but how many different versions of the bar jacket do you need in each collection ? And I’m at saturation point with the butterflies. Love many of the butterfly pieces but I already own a sweater, knit jacket, denim jacket and tshirt with butterflies plus a bag and a pair of ankle boots so no matter how pretty other butterfly pieces are, I’m done adding to my wardrobe. So when is a certain design or motif repeated too much?

Last edited:
Except how many of the same thing can you wear? At some point I don’t need yet another Chanel tweed jacket or another Dior bar jacket. And when Maria Grazia went through her tulle skirt phase, I said to my SA after 3 years of non stop tulle skirts, I’m so sick of seeing tulle skirts and she just laughed. And now I’m very tired of seeing the Paris map on everything. So while I see your point I think sometimes things can get too repetitive.
Edit: I think the bar jacket and the cannage pattern are so Dior but how many different versions of the bar jacket do you need in each collection ? And I’m at saturation point with the butterflies. Love many of the butterfly pieces but I already own a sweater, knit jacket, denim jacket and tshirt with butterflies plus a bag and a pair of ankle boots so no matter how pretty other butterfly pieces are, I’m done adding to my wardrobe. So when is a certain design or motif repeated too much?
Agree. If a silhouette or item is classic enough, I don’t mind having repeats in a particular seasonal patterns, but some patterns and silhouettes are distinct enough that I don’t need too many.

Sometimes I hold onto a seasonal item for some time until the hype dies down before I wear it much: for example the under the sea dress. My issue is when dior doubles down on a pattern that doesn’t really resonate with me. Then I have to sit a few seasons out.

I find Chanel’s approach of different silhouettes and fabric might be less fashionable but it becomes a tiny bit harder to pinpoint the season or year.

These days, I prefer the simpler dior pieces that can coordinate with multiple pieces already in my wardrobe. Happily inspired by @jp824: white dior cardigan jacket from this season coupled with an older dior skirt. Also goes with a pair of chanel sale pants from 2022.
IMG_5130.jpegIMG_5135.jpeg
ETA: I believe this was substantially less expensive in Courcheval and Paris than in NY, so lesson learned lol :smile:

30B vache liegee, metallic gray dye and brushed phw hardware by @docride

Last edited:
I do agree about the butterflies. I think their Lunar New Year/Valentines collection should have used a different motif than the cruise butterfly motif used for the holidays.

Reactions: BB8 and DoggieBags
I guess Dior considered it appropriate because the 15th day of the Lunar New Year is considered the Chinese Valentine's Day equivalent and Butterflies have long been appreciated in Chinese culture as symbols of love, freedom, romance, and beauty.
I do agree that there are pros and cons regarding repeating many designs (hallo Tulle skirts) and motifs (Cannage everything) across so many years worth of collections. Something I have discussed with my SAs for a while.

Unfortunately I found this dress in Paris but I. Size 44, way too big! My SA found it in my size but there was a damage that could not be repaired. However I bought a lovely trench and a black dress.
View attachment 5962831
View attachment 5962832
I also got a beautiful red dress, skirt and the asymmetrical shirt in black. The new shoes with bow and a pearl have been sold in a day!
Hi Ari, you look exquisite in this black dress.

Reactions: pigleto972001
Hi!!! I had a question for those of yall w the tee shirts w the linen cotton blend. I have a hole in the collar and I've barely worn it but a few times. I doubt Dior will do anything w it but I suppose I can ask. Have any of you had a similar issue ?

I just bought the map tee shirt w a similar fabrication and now I'm wondering if I should return it lol. It cost 1450 usd.

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpeg
    IMG_2690.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Wow
Reactions: 880 and averagejoe
Hi!!! I had a question for those of yall w the tee shirts w the linen cotton blend. I have a hole in the collar and I've barely worn it but a few times. I doubt Dior will do anything w it but I suppose I can ask. Have any of you had a similar issue ?

I just bought the map tee shirt w a similar fabrication and now I'm wondering if I should return it lol. It cost 1450 usd.
Oh no! I have two linen/cotton blended shirts, and this hasn't happened yet. One is about 2 years old. You can see if their alterations team can try to patch/sew it? I've taken older pieces to alter, and there was never an issue.

Oh no, I’ve never had this issue. I love their linen cotton t shirts and really wear them a lot, but mine were not 1450 :shocked: so sorry. I hope it can be fixed.* Please keep us posted.

Also. I spoke too soon. Love the latest collection, and some of it is relatively reasonably priced. My Dior SA said MGC was inspired by witches, which somehow made me think of Chrissy Hynde, which led to an evening of listening to The Pretenders lol. But I guess it was David Bowie who wore a lot of slim fit tuxedos IDK :smile: However, Diors fall season leather trench for 16K USD, IMO only, is not as cute as Chanel’s leather trench, nor does it have as nice a collar. And, at 16K USD, I believe the Dior one is 1500 USD more expensive. I am not inclined to buy either, but if someone is considering these items or will try both, I would love to hear opinions pls :smile:

* I would be inclined to ask my SA re whether to return, but that would depend if it’s the kind of thing that I would love anyway. Some t shirts are cute a bit ragged, others are not.

Last edited: