Dior Price Increase

just 1 or 2 years ago, it would have costed 3500 euros for a LD small... i wonder what is the end game in here? Price jacking to create the illusion of exclusivities??

I love my Lady Diors and have been an avid collector ranging from the micros to the medium sizes. These bags are beautiful and well made but no where near 5 k euros that I would be willing to part for... this is not mentioning the poor resale value of Dior bags and accessories, if one decided to re-home them :sad:

when brands try to emulate each other?? Chanel tries to be Hermes, and now Dior tries to be Chanel? is this what is happening!!

just 1 or 2 years ago, it would have costed 3500 euros for a LD small... i wonder what is the end game in here? Price jacking to create the illusion of exclusivities??

I love my Lady Diors and have been an avid collector ranging from the micros to the medium sizes. These bags are beautiful and well made but no where near 5 k euros that I would be willing to part for... this is not mentioning the poor resale value of Dior bags and accessories, if one decided to re-home them :sad:

when brands try to emulate each other?? Chanel tries to be Hermes, and now Dior tries to be Chanel? is this what is happening!!
I agree 100%. I think Dior has officially priced me out of the market for their handbags. I just don't think their worth it especially with the poor resale value. Some Dior bags are just as expensive as Chanel (again not worth it to me anymore). If I had to choose between Dior and Chanel, I think I would choose Chanel. Not because of the quality or the styles, but because of resale. If I had to choose between Chanel and Hermes, Hermes every time.

OMG the price rises! The d-lite I bought less than 2 weeks ago went up by £400! A medium lady Dior is now £5.3k, I paid £3.9k for the red one in 2021. A small lady Dior is now £5k, my teal one was £3.4k in 2021. I bought a D-joy in March and that went up by £400.

I love Dior designs and colours but I’m calling it a day now. I might buy a small black 95 22 if I can find one preloved at some point

With the crazy price increase of the Lady Dior, I have decided to go pre-loved and came across a vintage one. I have always wanted a large size. I am not sure if this one is worth it- let me know your opinion. Should I get it or not? I have never bought anything vintage. It's from a reputable reseller

View attachment 5827939

View attachment 5827940

View attachment 5827941

View attachment 5827942

View attachment 5827943
If you love it, and it's for a good price, then go for it!