Dior New Lock - Advice please

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
I was just looking on the dior website and i came across this beauty. Does anyone have it and could you tell me how it feels to use? Is it too small or just small and cute?

It looks really cute, but dont know if i should get it or not.

Attachments

• dior new lock.png
    dior new lock.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 2,712
judging by the dimensions on the Dior website (4.72 x 5.91 x 1.18 inches, or approx. 11.8cm x 14.78cm x 2.95cm) the bag probably wouldn't hold too much. I had been looking at that same bag in the past, but although it has 4 credit card slots, for the price of £590 it would be too small to really carry very much. I would say you would only be able to put the bare minimum in there, like loose change, your keys and phone.

I bought my medium Lady Dior wallet in patent pink for £470 and it has 4 different note slots for your notes and a zipped compartment for loose change as well as a generous amount of credit card slots!

This bag is very small, but would be perfect for a night out! And the crossbody strap will make it very convenient, so it won't be in your way at a party or social.

I've got a question: I've decided I'd like to save up for the New Lock bag, but once I've saved up enough, I'm going to have to get another mail order for this one unless I can actually purchase it at a boutique (possibly in Barcelona in July). My question is, they only have the 'large promenade pouch' size on the Dior website under Evening Bags and Pouches. Is that the normal New Lock size? It doesn't sound that big but it's got a really long chain.

I've attached photos of the one I want and the measurements are 22 x 13 x 3.5 cm Chain: 116 cm (8.66 x 5.12 x 1.38 inches Chain: 45.67 inches) and it's £760 at the moment on the online boutique:

I've got a question: I've decided I'd like to save up for the New Lock bag, but once I've saved up enough, I'm going to have to get another mail order for this one unless I can actually purchase it at a boutique (possibly in Barcelona in July). My question is, they only have the 'large promenade pouch' size on the Dior website under Evening Bags and Pouches. Is that the normal New Lock size? It doesn't sound that big but it's got a really long chain.

I've attached photos of the one I want and the measurements are 22 x 13 x 3.5 cm Chain: 116 cm (8.66 x 5.12 x 1.38 inches Chain: 45.67 inches) and it's £760 at the moment on the online boutique:

That's the New Lock pouch, not bag. The bag is much bigger.

michi_chi said:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/s0435pvrkm340v1.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/s0435pvrkm340v3.png/

This is the pouch. Its chain is detachable and it can be carried as a clutch. It is small, meant to carry just the essentials, like Chanel's wallet-on-chain. But it's more spacious than the WOC.

The New Lock bag is tons bigger and has a slouchy feel and look:

image-2359228361.png

It's almost 12 inches wide and 5 inches deep. More of a day bag IMO :biggrin:

eminere™;21022948 said:
That's the New Lock pouch, not bag. The bag is much bigger.

This is the pouch. Its chain is detachable and it can be carried as a clutch. It is small, meant to carry just the essentials, like Chanel's wallet-on-chain. But it's more spacious than the WOC.

The New Lock bag is tons bigger and has a slouchy feel and look:

View attachment 1598260

It's almost 12 inches wide and 5 inches deep. More of a day bag IMO :biggrin:

Thank you guys for the info, the large promenade pouch was all that was left on the online boutique, but I think I'll have to either buy one in Barcelona (which I'd prefer, if I'm still going there in July - plane tickets are quite pricey, even with budget airlines!) or mail order one using the UK Customer Service again to see where they can mail order one for me.

What is the size difference between the New Lock bag and the pouch? I've found photos of a girl carrying her large promenade pouch, but as Serrazane says it's like the WOC, is it more of a clutch bag whereas the New Lock bag is more of a day bag to carry your essentials and more? Anybody have any idea what the price for the New Lock bag is in the UK?

What is the size difference between the New Lock bag and the pouch?
Uh Serrazane has given the dimensions of the bag and you have previously stated the dimensions of the pouch yourself, so you can do a comparison there.

The pouch is roomier than a WOC in that you can carry a few more small essentials like a mobile phone or lipstick, but for a true handbag you'd need the bag.

The New Lock bags are shown on the Dior UK web site too, by the way: http://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/p...ck-bag-in-black-leather-6-86.html/catId/4023/

Thank you guys for the info, the large promenade pouch was all that was left on the online boutique, but I think I'll have to either buy one in Barcelona (which I'd prefer, if I'm still going there in July - plane tickets are quite pricey, even with budget airlines!) or mail order one using the UK Customer Service again to see where they can mail order one for me.

What is the size difference between the New Lock bag and the pouch? I've found photos of a girl carrying her large promenade pouch, but as Serrazane says it's like the WOC, is it more of a clutch bag whereas the New Lock bag is more of a day bag to carry your essentials and more? Anybody have any idea what the price for the New Lock bag is in the UK?

From the website: £1450

From the website: £1450

eminere™;21032580 said:
Uh Serrazane has given the dimensions of the bag and you have previously stated the dimensions of the pouch yourself, so you can do a comparison there.

The pouch is roomier than a WOC in that you can carry a few more small essentials like a mobile phone or lipstick, but for a true handbag you'd need the bag.

The New Lock bags are shown on the Dior UK web site too, by the way: http://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/p...ck-bag-in-black-leather-6-86.html/catId/4023/

Thanks, I completely missed the measurements under the photo :blush: the pouch sounds quite nice, but I like the fact that the bag is roomier...I'll have a look at the website, it looks like we'll be going to Barcelona after all as long as it's okay with my manager for me to take the days I need off in July, I'll maybe try it on there and if I can save up enough by then, I'll get it there ;)