Dior Cannage Shoes Help!

peachy_gurl

*ms. shoppaholic*
O.G.
Jan 9, 2006
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you Dior experts could help me. I purchased my first pair of Dior heels and I love them! They are the patent cannage heels. I have not worn them yet as I'm not sure what to do about the bottoms of the shoes. The bottom is like a suede looking type, I'm not sure if I need to buy soles for the bottom so the shoes does not get ruined. If you guys could help me out that would be great! I'm planning to wear them tomorrow for a wedding, so, if anyone could let me know what I need to do that would be great! :smile:

I've attached pictures of the bottoms :smile:

Thank you!

Attachments

• CIMG4742.JPG
    CIMG4742.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 205
  • CIMG4744.JPG
    CIMG4744.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 163
  • CIMG4743.JPG
    CIMG4743.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 148
As far as I know it is regular leather and even if it is soft, it should not be suede.

It will get scratched when you use them, no getting around that - but you're not going to ruin them by using them, leather soles are simply the best and even if they look delicate they are very durable :biggrin:

Congrats on your new beautiful shoes :yahoo:

As far as I know it is regular leather and even if it is soft, it should not be suede.

It will get scratched when you use them, no getting around that - but you're not going to ruin them by using them, leather soles are simply the best and even if they look delicate they are very durable :biggrin:

Congrats on your new beautiful shoes :yahoo:
Agree :smile:

Otherwise, you can always bring your new shoes to a cobbler/shoemaker to get the soles protected or "Topy"-ed.

These good leather soles should not really be covered by rubber or anything else.

The reason that they are not smooth like most leather we see is because they are not polished smooth. The first few times you wear them shouldn't be in the rain. Wearing them will make them a little bit smoother and they will build up a protective layer against weather etc, if they get TOO smooth you can score them a little by scratching/scoring in criss-cross pattern. If they get VERY wet in a major downpour let them dry naturally upsidedown without direct heat

The glue that sticks a rubber (or other) sole on is worse for the leather than nearly any surface you could walk on.

When the sole eventually gets worn out from many years of wear you can have them re-soled b a good shoe maker.

Hope I don't sound too bossy, I don't mean to be.

Love your shoes BTW, Dior shoes are really great looks and quality wise.