Dilemma/Reveal: Cartier Diamants Legers

Jadewah

Sep 16, 2009
I just purchased the Cartier Diamants Legers bracelet. I'm kind of torn about the bracelet. I loveee the look, but I'm not sure about the functionality. I wear the bracelet on the shorter link so an inch of chain hangs along with the Cartier logo. I'm definitely the type of person who lives in their jewelry so that dangly part gets pretty annoying when I'm doing daily tasks like washing dishes, preping food, etc.

I've wanted the Cartier love bracelet for yearsssss, BUT I'm becoming a RN soon. I doubt I will be able (allowed, really) to wear the love bracelet to work. This is the style I would prefer over the cuff, though I admittedly have not tried on the cuff version.

I have no clue what I should do, I'm torn! Suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, I have included some pictures of the Cartier Diamants Legers bracelet and the Tiffany DBTY necklace. I know a lot of people go back and forth between the two. FYI: I chose the Cartier version because the bracelet was thicker and a little different from the Tiffany's version.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: Diamondbrunette
I'm an RN and I wear the bangle...most of my coworkers wear bracelets everyday and none of us has ever been asked to remove them, I actually think the bangle would be more functional because you can kind of tuck it under your gloves when giving patient care

A suggestion-
If you know you wear it on the shortest length (and you're not planning on selling it), You can have a jeweler cut the dangly bits off and reattach the Cartier logo to the shorter loop or even the loop the clasp is attached too. It looks like there would still be enough room on the findings for either option.

Thanks for the input. I guess it depends on which location, hospital, speciality, etc. you're working at. I've honestly seen some areas where they don't care what you wear, but I've been in cicumstances where they are very strict. Especially when the hospital is being audited. I don't want to run into any trouble at the work place for a bracelet, but I also would want to enjoy it as much as possible.

Im still willing to consider the love bracelet as an option. I know it's supposed to be worn 24/7, but is there a reasonable amount of times I could take it on/off without running into trouble of damaging the bracelet?

Thanks for the suggestion. There's actually two loops for the 6 inch and 7 inch lengths so I just clasped both loops...kind of as a temporary solution to what you're saying. Hopefully that makes sense lol. I also think the bracelet in general is a tad too big for me. It extends to the lower part of my palm, which kind of urks me too. I've heard Cartier offers complimentary shortening/lengthening of jewelry. Maybe they would be willing to do both.

Like you said, only if I don't plan on getting rid of it though. This kind of altering may prevent me from even being able to sell if I end up not liking it