Dilemma over the carry chic tote[emoji17]

Shan29

Nov 12, 2014
I have been lusting over this bag for awhile. The website showed the blue and beige version. But my local boutique only brought in the beige and black colour. I just got someone to check for me what's available in france and also, only beige and black.

I did see someone post on this forum a cherry red/dark pink version. Yet it seems so elusive!

I don't know if i should just get the black one because i really like the design. Im afraid if i pass on this, chanel may not release the same design again. Im also afraid, I buy and then they release more colours a few season later[emoji31][emoji30]

Should i just get the black? I dislike black bags actually as it seems so common to me. It is Low maintainence though so I dont have to worry about pairing with clothes...decisions decisions.

IMG_1488976969.099852.jpg

I have been lusting over this bag for awhile. The website showed the blue and beige version. But my local boutique only brought in the beige and black colour. I just got someone to check for me what's available in france and also, only beige and black.

I did see someone post on this forum a cherry red/dark pink version. Yet it seems so elusive!

I don't know if i should just get the black one because i really like the design. Im afraid if i pass on this, chanel may not release the same design again. Im also afraid, I buy and then they release more colours a few season later[emoji31][emoji30]

Should i just get the black? I dislike black bags actually as it seems so common to me. It is Low maintainence though so I dont have to worry about pairing with clothes...decisions decisions.

View attachment 3626862

Shan,

Saw the pic you posted some time ago carrying this bag. I think you look great with it.

If you really like the design, I think you should just get it since it is seasonal.

black is basic and timeless/classic for a reason. this bag, imho, would take a loss if you eventually got tired of it. bright colors in non-classic bags are hard to resell. maybe you'll keep it forever, but it's a good thing to consider. that's just my two cents... if you really love it, i'd opt for the black.

Shan,

Saw the pic you posted some time ago carrying this bag. I think you look great with it.

If you really like the design, I think you should just get it since it is seasonal.

black is basic and timeless/classic for a reason. this bag, imho, would take a loss if you eventually got tired of it. bright colors in non-classic bags are hard to resell. maybe you'll keep it forever, but it's a good thing to consider. that's just my two cents... if you really love it, i'd opt for the black.

Hii ladies[emoji3][emoji3]. Thanks for the response! I do loveee the design just worried i am impulsive and end up buying a colour i dont really like. Totally agree black is a timeless colour... but so far, still haven managed to bring myself to buy a black chanel.

Guees this warrants a trip down to the store again[emoji85]..

hmmm I like this bag in bright colors. I think it makes it that much more special. I am from US and recall seeing it in color (gorgeous). Does the Chanel customer service # help you locate bags and can check inventory for the country you're in too? have you tried? get what you love. otherwise, why get it at all with these prices?

hmmm I like this bag in bright colors. I think it makes it that much more special. I am from US and recall seeing it in color (gorgeous). Does the Chanel customer service # help you locate bags and can check inventory for the country you're in too? have you tried? get what you love. otherwise, why get it at all with these prices?

[emoji16][emoji16]i come from a tiny country with only 2 boutiques...doubt they will extend their services to help me bring in other colours from other countries right?

[emoji16][emoji16]i come from a tiny country with only 2 boutiques...doubt they will extend their services to help me bring in other colours from other countries right?
oh no that's tough for a Chanel fan :nogood: Where do I sign the petition for Karl to bring more over to you? :P How much do you like it? perhaps you can get it from US from personal shopper? totally recall seeing the colors around and they were nice (I was playing around with them considering them as I do like the style and the handle but just too many bags... :P)

This is a very tough decision as I just went through the same thing. I just bought the Chanel Neo Executive Shopping Tote in navy blue. I actually swore off Chanel for a long time, mainly because I just don't like black bags and I don't like the current Chanel flap bags. I have two vintage classic flaps and as far as I'm concerned that's enough for me with Chanel flaps. I was tossing back and forth between black and navy. I know you don't have the option of colour right now and you are deciding on black to not miss out on the bag. But I can tell you, that as someone that also does not like black bags - if you don't love the colour you may purchase it and never use it. I would go back to the boutique and try it on again. If you don't like the colour, I would pass on it. Chanel always brings in seasonal items and you may kick yourself for buying a black bag and not waiting to get something else with a colour you love. This is just my 2 cents as I feel the colour of a bag is just as important as the style. Good luck !!

oh no that's tough for a Chanel fan :nogood: Where do I sign the petition for Karl to bring more over to you? :P How much do you like it? perhaps you can get it from US from personal shopper? totally recall seeing the colors around and they were nice (I was playing around with them considering them as I do like the style and the handle but just too many bags... :P)

Hahah Petition! Indeed... we need more stores here. Also, our boutiques need to be more adventurous in the stocks they bring in! [emoji58] did you see the dark pink? I only managed to steal a glance from a photo someone posted(and the bag was not even the focus. Just a tiny one in the background [emoji23]) i a little hesitant with PS, but i guess that could be my last resort [emoji848]

This is a very tough decision as I just went through the same thing. I just bought the Chanel Neo Executive Shopping Tote in navy blue. I actually swore off Chanel for a long time, mainly because I just don't like black bags and I don't like the current Chanel flap bags. I have two vintage classic flaps and as far as I'm concerned that's enough for me with Chanel flaps. I was tossing back and forth between black and navy. I know you don't have the option of colour right now and you are deciding on black to not miss out on the bag. But I can tell you, that as someone that also does not like black bags - if you don't love the colour you may purchase it and never use it. I would go back to the boutique and try it on again. If you don't like the colour, I would pass on it. Chanel always brings in seasonal items and you may kick yourself for buying a black bag and not waiting to get something else with a colour you love. This is just my 2 cents as I feel the colour of a bag is just as important as the style. Good luck !!

Hi five to another non-black lover![emoji38] im looking at the fact that they brought back the vanity case...although its a year later[emoji57] dont want to be kicking myself after impulsively buying a black one. You're right! I need to go down to the boutique tmr

Hi five to another non-black lover![emoji38] im looking at the fact that they brought back the vanity case...although its a year later[emoji57] dont want to be kicking myself after impulsively buying a black one. You're right! I need to go down to the boutique tmr

Haha, yes! it's such a tough decision but I know exactly how you feel!
Yes go back to the boutique and imagine yourself using it and see you feel. Let us know what you decide :smile:

Reactions: Shan29
Hahah Petition! Indeed... we need more stores here. Also, our boutiques need to be more adventurous in the stocks they bring in! [emoji58] did you see the dark pink? I only managed to steal a glance from a photo someone posted(and the bag was not even the focus. Just a tiny one in the background [emoji23]) i a little hesitant with PS, but i guess that could be my last resort [emoji848]
try stylevialauren many on forum had her help and very pleased! this seems not too a hard to find item in the US so she might be able to help you!

Reactions: Shan29