Dilemma no.2 - small Del Rey

s_kat

Apr 14, 2013
Finally got round to posting the other dilemma mentioned in my thread about purses... this one is about SDRs...

So, I saw the oxblood small Del Rey in store the other day and... it is just gorgeous! :loveeyes: My only reservation about it (other than preferring nickel hardware to gold) is that the leather is very smooth and could easily show scratches.

In fact I liked it so much, it made me realise that's really the dark pink/red bag I want, not my berry Alexa - which is stunning, but hidden away unused as I'm a bit paranoid about ruining the lovely soft leather and woven trim... the SDR feels more robust despite my concerns about the smooth leather.

Dilemma part 1
BUT... I have also spotted a mole grey SDR on MyTheresa.com, which could also be very versatile and I have always liked this colour (again, wish it had nickel hardware though). Anyone seen/ bought this bag? I would probably need to wait for a sale to justify it (but can use my shareholder discount in M stores for the oxblood one)

Dilemma part 2
How many oak bags is too many? I have the SDR in oak, but it doesn't get used at the moment as I also have a camera bag and regular Alexa (fur print) in oak.
My feeling is that the oak SDR isn't quite smart enough for (my) work, but it is smarter than the other two oak bags... but can I justify keeping it if I end up getting oxblood or mole grey?

:thinking:

Thanks in advance ladies!

Hmm. This is a tricky one. Both sdrs are lovely. I would want to see them both in the flesh though. I have to say that I'm over the moon with my oxblood lily. What will go best with most of your clothes?
Second dilemma is easier. There is no limit to the amount of oak mulberrys it is sensible to have. If you think hard enough you can justify any amount of bags. They all have slightly different uses. That's my excuse.

Hmm. This is a tricky one. Both sdrs are lovely. I would want to see them both in the flesh though. I have to say that I'm over the moon with my oxblood lily. What will go best with most of your clothes?
Second dilemma is easier. There is no limit to the amount of oak mulberrys it is sensible to have. If you think hard enough you can justify any amount of bags. They all have slightly different uses. That's my excuse.
I thought there might be at least one response like that about oak!! :lol:

Re: clothes - I think they would both be fine (tend to wear quite a lot of neutrals at work) but maybe the oxblood in that leather looks a bit more formal. Neither colour goes perfectly with any of my shoes, but I'm not too worried about everything co-ordinating as long as things don't clash horribly! I am leaning towards oxblood, especially if it's going to replace berry Alexa...

I think oxblood would go well with black shoes. Probably the same for grey so that doesn't help much.
Oxblood is also darker, and after spilling my dinner on my oak trout I think that is a good thing.

My immediate reaction was "Go with what makes your heart sings" - if you don't think you'll use the berry Lexy, move her on and go for your oxblood.

As for the oak question - you can never have too many oak Mulbs, imho! ;) Different bags for different days and occasions - I love all of mine! If, however, you don't feel you'll use all of yours, perhaps move one on and purchase the mole grey SDR along with the ox blood? I have duplicate styles in different shades if I have a style that works for me! Good lick with your decision! :smile:

Thanks everyone. Don't think I am quite ready to take the plunge, but I will let you know when I do :graucho:

This has at least made me have a good think about berry Alexa and my various oak bags - so it is a useful exercise!