Dilemma for me, too. What do you think?

fettfleck

<3 my stams
O.G.
Nov 1, 2007
So, girls - as the others also me encounter a dilemma:

So I was playing with the thought of getting a dark colored icy regular stam. I actually already have 2 stams, one almond, one eggshell. Both colors are light and I am afraid that they get dirty to fast when I use them regularly. I love the stam, so I thought it would be good to sell on of the two light colored stams and instead get a darker colored one. As I really like the icy stams, I would either go for the taupe or the black one.

But now I have second thought whether I better get another style as I already have three stams (see list). I like the quilted Venetia (purple or black) and the MBMJ Dr. Groove (black). Would it be to much stam, when I get a stam? Would it be to much black and quilting, when getting another quilted black bag?

So for your information:
My current collection consists of
- Almond regular stam
- Eggshell regular PW stam
- Little icy black stam
- Quilted icy black MP
- Taupe small Selma

My wardrobe mostly consists of black, beige, white clothes. I have several bluish and greenish clothes, too.

I appreciate any opinion! :heart:

If you love it and use it, I don't think you can have too much of any one style or texture.
That said, I've very much a color girl and I see that all your bags are black or neutral (kind of the opposite of my collection--no blacks or browns!). So the purple Venetia to me would be a great choice.
But again, if your heart is set on an icey black stam, I would go for what you love the most and will wear.

dilemmas all around! you do have a lot of stams in your collection, but if it's your favorite style and makes you happy, why not keep buying them? don't fix it if it ain't broke. but if you are looking for something different, a quilted venetia would be a fantastic addition. it shares similar qualities to the stam (chains, quilting - i can see why you're drawn to it), but has a more subdued, sophisticated shape and overall aesthetic. the groovee is also a great bag, but can't compare to the venetia imo. good luck with your decision!

Given your wardrobe, a Topaz Stam comes to mind.
Since you have several quilted bags already, you
could get a Peacock (teal-like) Venetia. What about
a Blake? That's another option.

I personally think 3 Stams + a little Stam is a bit too much Stam, but if you love the style then you should go for it! You may have multiples of a style, but they come in gorgeous different colors and textures - so don't be afraid that your handbag collection is going to look uniform and boring! If you find yourself thinking about mixing it up a little, though, maybe you should try something else. Perhaps if you visit a store and try them both on, you'll get a better idea of what clicks with you (what makes you instantly say, "YEAHHHHHHH!"). :tup: Good luck!

You clearly love the stam, and w/ good reason! What about another stam in color? I also like the idea of the purple venetia, very similar to the stam, but a little different. Good luck, your collection is great, I can't wait to see what you add!

I would buy every cecilia made if I could...so if you are loving the stam , I say go for it..there are so many variations of leathers, textures and colors that they are all different!!!

Thank for all your input. I appreciate it!

I think the first thing I will to is to sell one of my stams which can then help fund another bag. They are too similar in color anyway. The point is, that I agree that having several stams as some of you mentioned is "too much stam" (although I guess nobody can have "too" many stams - but unfortunately my budget doesn't share this opinion...). I will definetely keep one regular and the little stam. And if a really good icy one come around I maybe take the chance. Actually I just remembered that there also was an icy petrol stam. I just rarely see it, but maybe that will be an option, too. I am not used to carrying very flashy colors, but that petrol shade would do it.

About the style I think it would be nice to have something to change, which is also a little bit larger and thus might hold my paperwork I used to carry around. This is why I was eying the Venetia for a long time already. But what held me off was as may others already mentioned in Venetia-dedicated-threads that it seems to be a pure handheld - bag, although some managed to wear her over a shoulder (e.g. June - and she is much taller than me). The stam on the other side is shoulder carryable (does this word exist?), but doesn't fit normal sized paperwork without crumbling. The Cecilia is a beautiful bag, but also not a bag for me as it's also defininetely handheld. The Blake is too small for my purpose.

I think I currently tend to Venetia or Groove. I am not sure. I have to sleep over it. Sorry for my messy english - and messy talk, it's 2 am now and I think I got a flu... I think I have to go sleeping... OMG, I am addictid to this damn forum... :noggin: