Dilemma again - Prada gaufre or Mahina XS?

What's the right thing to do?

• Still get the Prada ice degrade gaufre tote since that's what you love!

• Get the Mahina XS in gris!

• Get a Bal City!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
Ok ladies, I know I am supposed to go on a ban but here I am again seeking advice on a bag dilemma! :P

I am absolutely IN LOVE with the new Prada gaufre in ice degrade (see pic attached) - this is a special effect where the top is milky white and the colour gradually turns into brownish grey towards the bottom. I'm not very good with the description but the colour is stunning - really pretty IRL! It has sold out in most boutiques and I managed to put my name down on the waiting list. However lately I've been reading about issue with leather cracking/peeling on the Prada forum:shucks: I am SO disappointed! Somehow a part of me is keen to just take the risk and either hope that my new bag will hold up better, or live with the (hopefully) minor peeling since it's probably not very visible. The price of this bag has just recently been reduced to $,1,400+ (from $2,000+) so it's a good time to buy.

However, I also start to wonder if I should perhaps spend a bit more to get the Mahina XS in gris...spotted a couple of preloved ones in like new condition priced in the range of $2,400 - $2,600.

Both styles are similar in the sense that they can be worn messenger style (i.e. come with a long/adjustable strap) and are in light colour(s) - things that I am looking for in my next purchase. Or shall I consider a Bal City in sahara/granny (lovely light apple green!) instead? (Note: I don't own any Bal yet...) Decision, decision! :shrugs:

What would you do? Please share your thoughts!

Attachments

• Prada ice degrade.jpg
    Prada ice degrade.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 123
The Prada. I tried the Mahina XS and found that without handles it would be kind of a pain to carry as an everyday bag. The Prada has handles AND a nice shoulder strap, so it's a win-win.