Digital cameras

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Today I lost my Nikon digital camera (taking photos of my granddaughter at a crowded festival) It wasn't the greatest camera but it was user friendly both to me and my computer - I have to replace it fast - Can anyone recommend one to me? I would be very appreciative! (nothing complicated or over 5 megapixels) I know you guys are better than consumer reports!!!!!!. THX!

2. i have a canon digital elph that's a few years old and i love it, i got my boyfriend one for valentine's this year and he loves his, so i may not know that much about cameras but that is what i would recommend for ease of use and compactness. fayden probably has better suggestions because she's a photographer.

3. I have a digital Elph as well. I also have a Nikon D70. I use the Elph all the time...fits in the back pocket of my jeans and takes great photos. I got the Nikon for photographing my son's baseball games. The Elph just isn't fast enough or have enough zoom.

4. I currently have the Canon PowerShot S500 (5.0 mega pixels) and I LOVE it!!! Very user friendly! I highly highly recommend it.

My first digital camera was the Canon Powershot 2.0 mp then I upgraded it to a Canon Powershot 3.2 mp and now this 5.0 mp one. I'm hoping I'll upgrade it to a 8.0 mp in the future. lol

5. if you're looking for a pocket size camera, and pretty easy to use, point and shoot for everyday i have the panasonic lumix FX8 it's 5 MP and the lens is leica. all my photos that i post have been taken with that camera. you can find it for about $300.

buy from a reputable camera store, don't do the online camera shops like broadway photo. they have horrible ratings.

6. Is it safe to buy a camera (new) from an online eBay store? Thx Fayden!

7. hmm i don't like eBay because they usually have horrible return policy, or all sales are final. so i would go for b&h or j&r. i think best buy has the camera also. try circuit city. i'll see if i can find a link.

8. I was sooooooooo not in the market for a new camera but I'm loving the look of that Lumix!!

9. Dear F, you are terrific!!!! Thx.

10. I'm getting a Kodak V530 for Christmas....I like how easy they are to use....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice