Differing Receipts

euroaddict

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Why do mainland U.S. boutiques issue different style receipts? In all other parts of the world, including Hawaii, you get a big piece of paper with their old logo and boutique information on top as the letterhead. Here on the mainland, receipts are on half sheets of paper with "LOUIS VUITTON" written on the top, boutique information on the opposite side, and watermarks of the quatrefoils that are embedded into the paper. The question's rather trivial, but it's just something I've been wondering.

LV US just recently changed their computer register systems. My SA said they do not use the customer ID number anymore that was previously assigned to each person. They look you up by phone number or name. She said that she didn't like the new register systems.

Yes, but mainland LV has been issuing receipts on that style paper for many years now. The only thing that changed, receipt-wise, with the new system is the font that they use; it went from Arial to Courrier.

I'm still wondering why LV doesn't streamline the style of their receipts worldwide.

Yes, but mainland LV has been issuing receipts on that style paper for many years now. The only thing that changed, receipt-wise, with the new system is the font that they use; it went from Arial to Courrier.

I'm still wondering why LV doesn't streamline the style of their receipts worldwide.

Different register systems in different countries. In the end, it doesn't really matter what the LV receipt looks like as long as you have an official copy for your own records or for return purposes.

I am sorry if this offend anyone but reading this thread make me feel like someone is trying to get a good idea of the LV receipt for counterfeit reason. Just a thought.

I am sorry if this offend anyone but reading this thread make me feel like someone is trying to get a good idea of the LV receipt for counterfeit reason. Just a thought.

I got the same idea! When I shop, which is mostly online because my nearest LV boutique is 4 hours away, I get a receipt in my package, which is like a gift receipt, but then they mail me a few days later seperate, a full detail receipt on stationery.

That's why people need to be careful about issuing authenticity based on the way the receipt looks because there are obviously many types. Which honestly just might be a good thing if you are trying to copy them.:graucho:

I purchased my LV bags in two different countries, Italy and in Sweden. In both countries I recived a big piece of paper with the Lv logo on. I love the receipts from LV!