Workplace Didn't Get Promotion...but the real issue is...

pursepear

Jul 2, 2011
Okay. So I have been with my current company for what will be 3 years in August. During my time so far, I have had 2 promotions. The team I am currently on now has a goal quality is 95.5% and we're only at 95.06%. However, my personal score is 97.8% year to date and I've only been on the team for 1 year. All of my performance evaluations (mid year and end of year) range from great to excellent, and I have received 3 internal awards this year as well.

An opportunity came up for a promotion and before I applied I met with my former manager/mentor and just discussed with her my career goals and what I've done to build upon my rapport with the company.

Now, I didn't get the promotion. And while I am sad/bummed out, I already had a plan in place in case I didn't get it. I scheduled a meeting with our coaching department to discuss my career so far and to lay out a plan of where I want to be.

In preparation for this meeting, however, I emailed the co-managers that interviewed me and quickly re-introduced myself and asked what insight and advice they could share so that I can grow in my current position and be better suited for future endeavors in their department.

However, it's been 4 days and they haven't responded. And I know they read the email because emails sent internally are automatically sent with a read receipt. I feel this is weird, and am not sure why they haven't given me constructive feedback that I can run with so I can improve. Am I making much ado about nothing or should they have at least acknowledged my email?

What xiangxiang0731 said they don’t want to put it in writing. It’s ok to ask but this is more of a in person conversation vs shoot me a email thing. Anything they put in a email could be used against them in the future. At my work people get a generic letter saying that someone else was chosen. If you have any questions about why speak to your manager.