Did LMB cause this?

vcuartsybec

Feb 22, 2012
Hi everyone!
In August I had the lining of my bucket gm replaced which includes the replacement of the top trim piece of leather. Since then I have been using all three of the LMB steps to clean and protect the new vachetta. But I have been very disappointed with the outcome. The leather is deeply creased in places and even has small cracks, and not just a few, a lot. Is it something I did wrong with the LMB? I feel like there's no way the leather should look like this? Or is it just an LV fluke? I recently purchased my first new LV but have been afraid the use my LMB for fear of ruining it. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image-817090737.jpg
    image-817090737.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 760
Oh dear...that looks like the LMB did it. Which three steps did you use?

On new vachetta, I only use the miracle shield- the honey butter cleanser is for cleaning and moisturizing, which new vachetta doesn't need.

The picture looks like it was over moisturized to me, gosh, I have used LMB for years, and I have never had this happen. I use it very sparingly, though. Did you use a lot?

Oh, you did it more than once?

I think that is what it looks like- like it was just overcleaned and moisturized and broke down the leather. I would refrain from using them for a while and see if it dries out. I know that cracking is usually from leather being overly dry, but it really looks to me like it was overly moisturized.

I have bought older bags and I have seen that exact same look when I first put the honey butter cleanser on it, but it usually dries and looks normal, that's just how it looks when it is wet. How often do you use it?

I'm far from an expert but I don't see the need to clean new vachetta. I use the protection on the bag and have not use anything else so far. In a couple of months if I see the vachetta looking like it needs some conditioning I will do that. As for the cleaning I have carried a bag for over a year and don't find it needs a good cleaning yet.

I think if anything you may have over cleaned the bag. I would email Barbara and ask her what she thinks I'm sure she has the expertise to advise you on what can be done.

I'm far from an expert but I don't see the need to clean new vachetta. I use the protection on the bag and have not use anything else so far. In a couple of months if I see the vachetta looking like it needs some conditioning I will do that. As for the cleaning I have carried a bag for over a year and don't find it needs a good cleaning yet.

I think if anything you may have over cleaned the bag. I would email Barbara and ask her what she thinks I'm sure she has the expertise to advise you on what can be done.

+1
I never use the cleaner on new vachetta.
I do the process once every 3 months and that's IF it needs it.
Sounds like you used WAY to much..
More is not better in LMB case..

What do you ladies suggest in the case of color transfer on new vachetta? There is a little bit of color rub off on my new neverfull right where it rubs under my arm its not bad but I notice it. Do u just leave it?

I would just leave it alone, for now. And definitely take a break from the LMB, the bucket is way overmoisturized, it really needs to dry out. Vachetta needs to breathe, and keeping it soaked in LMB is the same as holding your skin under water- it gets wrinkly and cracks.

I would sit the bucket in the sunlight and keep it out of the dustbag, just try to give it a chance to dry and air out.

If the color transfer is bothering you, you can try a white eraser, but be very careful with it. If you're keeping the vachetta on the nf wet with moisturizer like the bucket, it will probably be more prone to attracting dyes and transfer, you know?

I'm so sorry that happened! I've never put anything on my vachetta in 30 years of buying LV so I can't help. I always worry when people use products on vachetta leather.

^^this^^. I am always afraid that "any" kind of product on vach would cause a break down of the leather as it is not intended to have anything on it (as LV recommends).

Op. I am so sorry this happened but glad that you didn't use it on your new lv.

Oh dear...that looks like the LMB did it. Which three steps did you use?

On new vachetta, I only use the miracle shield- the honey butter cleanser is for cleaning and moisturizing, which new vachetta doesn't need.

The picture looks like it was over moisturized to me, gosh, I have used LMB for years, and I have never had this happen. I use it very sparingly, though. Did you use a lot?

Laura, does the miracle shield protect from the color transfer? What is the difference between the miracle shiled and the protection from the LV kit?
Thanks.

I am so sorry if the LMB did that to your bag!

But I never got the point why people use anything on there bags... I mean Vachetta is untreated leather after all ... Whats the point??