Did I Purchase The Wrong Chanel Bag For My First In 10 Years

LVLux

Tinker's Realm
O.G.
Apr 14, 2008
Well, I am on a hiatus from LV so thought I would go over to the Chanel store and look around- but I have not purchased a bag from them in 10 years or more so was not sure was was new , hip or desirable -
I talked to the SA & I am very hyper - talk fast ect and was really attracted tot he big shopper bag w/ hot pink trim and CC's on the front but she says I should look at the more subtle spring 08 Flap bag quilted w/ the old classic turn key style buckle - it was beautiful and I went with it since they had it in an off white ( I wear tons of black so thought it would be a nice contrast with the stitching in black and body in creamy beige white) but now I am wondering if I should have just gone for the bigger more casual shopper with the hot pink contrast or the black with white cc's - I would appreciate any input as I could still return this one and exchange it while they have the others in stock - They also had the same bag line I got in a bigger over the shoulder tote but it just seemed ok-

I would appreciate any advice or opinions about this purchase.

Thank you
K

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 135
^ i actually love the e/w chanels so this one is no different. i really like the modern lines of it.
i think it's a great summer bag and b/c it's not stark white you can wear it during the fall/winter as well. i also LOVE the tote version in your bag above as well.

OK- Was it a better choice than the quilted shopper with the contrasting LOGOS- they had one in black w/ hot pink trim and logos and one in Black with white trim and logos- it just seemed more casual so I thought I might use it more????

I mean I know this is a beautiful bag - I just wonder since I may not buy another one for years if I should go with a more everyday bag - I rarely get dressy - usually casual.

I love, love, love this bag. I love it so much I wish I got one myself! But the only one I had to choose from was the smaller one and it was too small to fit my stuff. From your pic, I can't tell if this is the larger or smaller one but either way, I absolutely love the style. I don't think you bought the wrong bag at all. Its classic and modern at the same time. Excellent choice!

You could go either way with this bag...dressy OR casual. I mean not jogging pants casual but jeans and a cute top casual. Congratulations on your purchase!

This is a gorgeous bag! Wear it with skinny black pants (or jeans) and a classic white blouse and you're good to go either dressy or casual. I carry my Chanels regardless! I always get the caviar so they are durable. Enjoy - it is a beautiful bag! cheers!

i love this bag SOOOOOO much i wish it was mine!! it is perfect, especially this colour u can wear it day to night, summer to winter. its beautiful- definitely keep it!

but having said that you obviously don't LOVE it, and since its your first bag in 10 years and u might not buy another in a long time u should make sure that u truly truly love it

It's all about personal taste - -not sure why you would have second thoughts on this beautiful bag - - it is stunning! I personally don't care for the big logos - - but get what YOU love. It's your money - it's your lifestyle - after all, you will be carrying the bag.

I love the bag you chose, but I don't think you do. If you are still thinking about the other bag, then I think you prefer that one. Go exchange it. It doesn't matter if we all love the creamy white one you bought, you seem to like the other one better. Get the one that you want.

I find if I choose between 2 items, and get home with one, but keep thinking about the other and second guessing myself, that means I bought the wrong one. No biggie, just exchange it.

OK everyone - I will keep it - It's not that I did not love the color and it is very comfortable to wear- yes, it is the larger one and I think it is roomy - I had gone in with the mindset of getting a smaller bag since I have many big bags that are so big they need their own chair when we go out for dinner - LOL

It is classy and beautiful and my thought was I could use it to go out in a nice black dinner dress or a dark suit during the work week - I just started to second guess - would I ever wear it enough since I am usually khakis and low key- SKINNY BLACK JEANS- Yeah right - that would mean I would have to go on a diet and lose 20lbs- maybe I am motivated now that I have this bag!!! It is so soft and very different from all of the fun, quirky, Louis Vuitton I have been buying.

My goal will be to start watching Chanel and try and add a few to my purse portfolio :yes:
Thanks again for letting me know if this was a good one!

Much Love
:heart:
K

Congrats on your purchase!! I love this bag too. I actually purchased it as my treat after I sold all of my bags for my parents. I did return it because I am used to reaching over and flipping the turnlock on my Chanels to open them. On this bag the metal plate didn't allow the leather to give to open quick enough for little old impatient me. I had to hold it in my hand everytime I wanted to open it and then line it up to reclose it. That is the only reason I returned it. It is one of my all time favorite Chanel bags.

If you love it then keep it. You will definitely be noticed! :yes:

This week I purchased the black WOC in the same e/w style on eBay. It has that same hip style and the cute turnlock is a snap - my kinda heaven!

Now, go show off your style :tup:!