Did anyone regret to purchase the jumbo flap?

Nanciii

Jun 12, 2014
I'm a Chanel newbie, I was mostly on the Louis Vuitton form. Since this year I started to really appreciate the beauty of Chanel bags, and I had my first Chanel bag in February this year (GST). Now I found myself really wanting the black and gold caviar jumbo flap, but I cannot justify the price tag. So I'm looking for a preloved one.

My concerns are:

1. I don't really like buying preloved, I like to have the certainty that I'm getting an authentic bag and I want to have the experience of buying from boutique, but again the price is killing me

2. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it very often, or I'm sure I won't use it very often, because it will be kinda weird to wear this bag to work, but I'd love to have it in my collection

3. I don't like heavy bags, I have bad shoulders, and I've been told that this bag is on the heavy side. Does anyone here want to share your experience regarding the weight of this bag?

4. I've never seen this bag in person, the boutique I go to never has this bag in stock, everyone needs to on a wait list and wait at least 2-3 weeks, so I'm not sure how does this bag look on me, or how does it feel? I know how the caviar leather feels but still I have no idea if I will like this bag if I got to touch it, can someone share your experience with the quality of this bag?

Can you please share your experience with this bag? Good or bad, all is appreciated! Pictures, mod shots, stories?

Thank you all in advance~!! m(_ _)m

I love my Classic Flap black with GHW, it's not heavy at all, and you can wear it crossbody or shoulder or even handheld. If you find a preloved one that's in good condition & reasonable price tag, def go for it. But if it's not much difference just buy from boutique. I think the prices will just go up higher in the future, so you might regret it if you wait a year or two. And it's a classic that will never go out of style.

It took me a while to get used to jumbo. I love it and will not sell it, but It's boxy & heavy for me. I don't load the bag with stuff, after a while the chains dig into shoulder. If I could do it again, I would have bought preowned single flap jumbo. I'm happy with the quality of leather and hardware. I'd suggest trying it first.

The weight is not bad, mine is caviar so I wear it very often. The quality to me is amazing but I've read complaints about certain seasons..
I've never seen the jumbo in real life before I bought it but I'm used to online shopping so I was glad I bit the bullet and got one :smile: (I got it new from a reseller and picked it up in person) good luck deciding! Ultimately it's probably best to see one in real life to see how it sits on you, I've seen it online on people similar height so I had an idea.

I really love my two jumbos (black caviar with SHW and chevron so black), but I think I reach for my 227 reissue more often b/c it's lighter. I definitely don't regret getting the two jumbos though! They're beautiful bags, and I think I got really lucky with the quality of the caviar on my quilted caviar bag - puffy and shiny! I think if you're able to get on a waiting list, even if it's a 2-3 week waiting period, you should put your name down. It may take you at least that long to find a perfect pre-loved one anyway, and this way, you can try one out in the store to see if you like it on you!

Reactions: OCMomof3
I just recently bought a black caviar with ghw. I contemplated for a very long time since it such a huge purchase but I thought I'd take the plunge. It's definitely not a very feather light bag but it's not as heavy as some other bags out there (Celine luggage etc some LV empreinte bags).

I think it really depends on how much you carry. I don't think the bag is THAT substantial in weight. I love it because for the price you pay you should have something quite durable. tBH I could never buy preloved as I think a bag is a very personal item and I wouldn't feel the same way towards it as if it were new.

BTW I ordered my bag from Bg and it came to me in the most perfect condition. The caviar is beautiful to touch and see. I don't think you'll regret it! I am so happy every time I take mines out of the dust bag and use it.

I have the Chanel Jumbo in black caviar with SHW. I ADORE/LOVE it! I'm so glade I saved up the money and bought it. It's such a classic and will never go out of style. Like you I was tempted to buy a preloved one because of the high price card on the new ones, but I was really afraid of buying preloved (that's just me I guess) so I started saving a certain amount every month + some birthday money. Buying it in a Chanel store (in my case the rue cambon one) is an experience at his own, I'm glad I went for a brand new one :smile:
The bag is certainly not that "light" but everything depends on what you put in there. I'm also glad I went for Caviar leather, this makes me use it on a daily basis if I want to :smile:
Keep us posted on what you decide!
Good luck x

I'm a total tote person but when it came time to buy my Chanel I had to get the Jumbo. For me it's the classic Chanel bag. I got black with whw, I think the hardware is just personal preference. Definitely love the gold too. It isn't light but you can't stuff it so that keeps the weight down. I rotate my bags a lot so it see's a good amount of use and I find the caviar very durable, but the lambskin is to die for, just gorgeous. But I knew I wanted to use it a lot and not have to baby it. There are those who say you don't have to baby lamb and they're probably right but my family would counter with I'm a klutz. I don't regret my purchase at all, only that I didn't do it years ago when the prices weren't what they are now. Really it's such a classic, I love wearing it when I don't have time to change out of my exercise clothes of all things. It just classes everything up! If I had a reliable preowned source I would of gone for it. As a matter of fact I would love to find a nice pre owned tote, just not sure which one. Go for it. You'll never regret it.

I'm a Chanel newbie, I was mostly on the Louis Vuitton form. Since this year I started to really appreciate the beauty of Chanel bags, and I had my first Chanel bag in February this year (GST). Now I found myself really wanting the black and gold caviar jumbo flap, but I cannot justify the price tag. So I'm looking for a preloved one.

My concerns are:

1. I don't really like buying preloved, I like to have the certainty that I'm getting an authentic bag and I want to have the experience of buying from boutique, but again the price is killing me

2. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it very often, or I'm sure I won't use it very often, because it will be kinda weird to wear this bag to work, but I'd love to have it in my collection

3. I don't like heavy bags, I have bad shoulders, and I've been told that this bag is on the heavy side. Does anyone here want to share your experience regarding the weight of this bag?

4. I've never seen this bag in person, the boutique I go to never has this bag in stock, everyone needs to on a wait list and wait at least 2-3 weeks, so I'm not sure how does this bag look on me, or how does it feel? I know how the caviar leather feels but still I have no idea if I will like this bag if I got to touch it, can someone share your experience with the quality of this bag?

Can you please share your experience with this bag? Good or bad, all is appreciated! Pictures, mod shots, stories?

Thank you all in advance~!! m(_ _)m

Hey:smile:

I was like you a week ago.
Have been all in on LV.
Have a great collection but I don't like the new bags and quality from LV. And also I had bad service a few times.

I jumped on the chanel wagon.
I went for a brand new jumbo right away.
And I went through with it. A brand new jumbo caviar double flap in caviar with gold hardware.

I basically turned around in the door when I came home.
The bag felt so plasticy and the gold hardware was pale and plasticy too. And soooooo heavy! Ouch!!
Then I read that chanel no longer uses real gold in the hardware since around 2008.
And I also read that people didn't like the new quality either. That it wasn't all just in my mind.
I returned the bag and for the same money I went ahead and got 3 vintage flaps. One jumbo in caviar single flap vertical, 1 jumbo cream lamb with GHW (real gold in it), and 1 classic flap lamb with GHW.

I don't think I'll buy a brand new chanel jumbo ever. These vintage bags feel so so so sturdy!
Hope this was useful!
C
Xo

Here's a pic. Up left is the jumbo I took back.
Then there are the 3 bags I purchased vintage preloved:smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 3,022
I regretted my jumbo. I have since sold it and got a reissue. I much prefer the reissue. The jumbo was boxy and bulky. I forced myself to use because of the Money I spent. The chain was too long. I say if having doubts skip it. I really am happier with out. I like the classic size or the reissue.

Hey:smile:

I was like you a week ago.
Have been all in on LV.
Have a great collection but I don't like the new bags and quality from LV. And also I had bad service a few times.

I jumped on the chanel wagon.
I went for a brand new jumbo right away.
And I went through with it. A brand new jumbo caviar double flap in caviar with gold hardware.

I basically turned around in the door when I came home.
The bag felt so plasticy and the gold hardware was pale and plasticy too. And soooooo heavy! Ouch!!
Then I read that chanel no longer uses real gold in the hardware since around 2008.
And I also read that people didn't like the new quality either. That it wasn't all just in my mind.
I returned the bag and for the same money I went ahead and got 3 vintage flaps. One jumbo in caviar single flap vertical, 1 jumbo cream lamb with GHW (real gold in it), and 1 classic flap lamb with GHW.

I don't think I'll buy a brand new chanel jumbo ever. These vintage bags feel so so so sturdy!
Hope this was useful!
C
Xo

Here's a pic. Up left is the jumbo I took back.
Then there are the 3 bags I purchased vintage preloved:smile:
I'm so glad I came across your post. I was debating for the longest time whether to get a brand new flap or go vintage. I also read a lot about how the new ones aren't made as good as the older ones. I'm not willing to pay for lower quality at high prices. Vintage it is! Thank you!