did anyone notice the leather of 08 s/s is more than nice??

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
hi ladies...

i was stopping by barneys last night and took a tour at bal's counter....i noticed the black bbags hanging on the rack were so nice...quite thick (i like thin personally...but i know some like thick leather), very distressed and the color is very saturated. the touch is very smooth and buttery. i wanted a black first but didn't see one. i saw a GGH and GSH citis and a GH work...three of them were so good...made me wandered much longer than i wanted to.:girlsigh:

I have to disagree. I've noticed that most 08's are quite thin, color is saturated for sure, but quite thin. Me no likey...

But! I'm glad that you mentioned this. Perhaps the second batch is getting better? I love the thicker leather.

Thanks for sharing, I might have to take a second look at 08 bags. [ ;

I've seen both, my sister and I were lurking around the Bal section of Barneys in BH 2 weeks ago... and we noticed a work with thick leather (i think Turq) and a black SGH Day with super thin crackly leather. The Black was almost like a grey... it looked like it was only dipped in dye once.

But, one thing I have noticed.. the thick Agneau leather is missing density.. like mass...(more fluffy thick) than the Chevre leather.. where it was thick and super squishy thick and heavy... kwim?

it really depends on the color and the style. my 08 turquoise has a thick and yummy even leather, i really love it. i've seen some bouton d'or with thin and paper-y leather, and some pale magenta which were very dry and veiny. apparently, the leather is not constant at all, it varies from one bag to another, from one style to another. the safe method is to choose and touch the leather before buying.

I've seen both, my sister and I were lurking around the Bal section of Barneys in BH 2 weeks ago... and we noticed a work with thick leather (i think Turq) and a black SGH Day with super thin crackly leather. The Black was almost like a grey... it looked like it was only dipped in dye once.

But, one thing I have noticed.. the thick Agneau leather is missing density.. like mass...(more fluffy thick) than the Chevre leather.. where it was thick and super squishy thick and heavy... kwim?

ITA on the mass thing.:yes:

But I'm not sure if it has to do with if its Chevre or Agneau (with all the hubbubb going on), but I noticed that 08's have less fluffyness than previous yummy years.

I have a SS 08 Bubblegum pink Day that I love - thick and squishy. However, my 08 Bouton D'or City is much stiffer and the leather is more crackled looking. I haven't conditioned it yet either, so maybe that will help. The color also seems to be not as saturated on the Bouton as on the Bubblegum. It hasn't been used yet, so we'll see how it breaks in. I love the Bouton color tho!

I like them thicker too! And yes, the 08's I've purchased are quite thin with the exception of my Turq PT ~ now that one has thick leather!

I'm waiting for a thick black City/PT also ... hopefully the Fall ones are thicker!

it really depends on the color and the style. my 08 turquoise has a thick and yummy even leather, i really love it. i've seen some bouton d'or with thin and paper-y leather, and some pale magenta which were very dry and veiny. apparently, the leather is not constant at all, it varies from one bag to another, from one style to another. the safe method is to choose and touch the leather before buying.

Would agree with delmilano. I have got a fabulous thick and smooshy black 08 City. But I picked it personally. There's so much variation around at the moment, it's risky to buy without seeing IRL.