Did anyone go to the sample sale in NYC today?

Cynthia, I was contemplating going back again today too, to see if there was any new stuff, but changed my mind at the last minute. I was also upset with the shoe selection as I'm a size 40.5/41! I managed to find only one pair yesterday, but it's probably better that way...my wallet thanks me! :smile:

We missed you Rene!! :heart: And honestly, if you could get here tomorrow, I thought that the stuff was better today than it was on the first day. I think they were replenishing constantly today.

I'm a 36.5/37 and even though there were shoes in my size, I thought they were kind of overpriced for what they were. The pair I tried on (patent leather pumps with a perforated H) were on sale for $457 and I wasn't in :heart: with them. For that amount money, I could get a pair of shoes somewhere else that I definitely want.

Although they didn't put out new china (like the SA told me they would yesterday), they had lots of other great stuff today. I got a really nice plisse and they had a bunch of others, plus mousselines and cashmere that wasn't there yesterday. I'm tempted to go back on Sat afternoon just to see if they've discounted further, but I've probably done enough damage :graucho:

So I forgot that thursdays are always the late nights lasting till 8pm so I figured what the heck! Convinced DH to monitor DD and sauntered down there after work. Convinced my friend to join me, and not only did she cover the prada and mulberry sample sales before reaching H at 7:15 but she managed to do this even though she left work after 5. Not much left by the time I got there but the lines were mercifully short and there were some nice plisses left that weren't there the day before. They only things replenished seem to be the scarves. At the rate they were going, I can't imagine they will have much left for the next two days.

I have to say that I found some really unique items and am glad I went. Hopefully come October when my credit card payment is due, I'll still be feeling this way.

....And the best ending to endless hours at the sample sale?.....Dinner and a pitcher of Stoli Watermelon lemonade cocktails between to very tired ladies. Cynthia, I had one for you!

gosh i really wanted to go to this one and i was even in town! then i decided not to go because really, there is not one thing i truly needed, then i found out DQ got those fab croc shoes....i will never pass up an H sample sale again, waaah!