Diamond tennis bracelets

So funny....... I only wear my jewelry when i go out. I can't stand anything on me. LoL so Cartier love bracelets never come off?? I don't know anything about Cartier.

I’m the same, except for my Loves! Yes, the regular size is meant to rarely be removed. It pretty much takes 2 to take it on/off easily. The thinner Love can be removed easily and it’s ok to take it on/off.
It’s kind of the “romanticism” of it I guess.

I am trying to decide between two bracelets. They both have the same specs except for carat weight. One is 8.5 cts. and the other is 9.7 cts. The bracelets are set in yellow gold, buttercup setting. My dilemma is shrinkage (8.5) vs too big (9.7, not an everyday piece of jewelry). Opinions please?

I am trying to decide between two bracelets. They both have the same specs except for carat weight. One is 8.5 cts. and the other is 9.7 cts. The bracelets are set in yellow gold, buttercup setting. My dilemma is shrinkage (8.5) vs too big (9.7, not an everyday piece of jewelry). Opinions please?
I think that would be a negligible carat difference visually. I wear my bracelet daily and each stone is .50 carat. Get and wear what you love...and post pics :smile:

I think that would be a negligible carat difference visually. I wear my bracelet daily and each stone is .50 carat. Get and wear what you love...and post pics :smile:
I agree with @HauteRN...I've worn a 14tcw everyday for over 12 years. I upgraded 3 times...diamond shrinkage is real! :shocked:

Has anyone worked with Whiteflash? I want to build a custom tennis bracelet and reached out to them with below email with wrist size pic, but have not gotten any response for the past few weeks... is there any other jewelry builders that make good tennis bracelets?

2A9D7BA2-B995-45C3-91E5-A5B2B2F4F1C2.jpeg

31BC6AB6-9624-43E8-B1B5-BC5D39259DA4.jpeg

Does anyone on here leave their tennis bracelet on 24/7?

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I wore my platinum tennis bracelet daily for almost 5 months and by almost 5 months of daily use the clasp was starting to get loose and would easily come off if it got caught on something. First of all I was advised against using platinum for a tennis bracelet/necklace since the metal is too soft for a tennis setting and all the jewelers said it would stretch over time since they are linked together, but I was planning to wear it 24/7 and didn’t want to deal with rhodium plating or seeing plating wear off since I’m very allergic to nickel so insisted on a custom order in platinum.

Luckily when it fell off it always happened at home while I was changing my clothes but it did freak me out, so I had it tightened again and found the best way to wear them was to sandwich the bracelet between two Loves so the clasps never really stick out if that makes sense. The Loves act like a guard on both sides. It does cause more scratches on the Loves though, so I have since stopped wearing it 24/7 because I wasn’t expecting platinum to stretch and loosen so soon (less than 5 months of daily wear). People might have better luck with 14K white gold which is recommended since it’s more stiff as a metal, lighter, and “harder” therefore less prone to stretching and loosening.

I didn’t want to add a safety chain because I personally don’t like the look of it, but it’s definitely a good idea if you can tolerate the extra look of the chain.

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I wore my platinum tennis bracelet daily for almost 5 months and by almost 5 months of daily use the clasp was starting to get loose and would easily come off if it got caught on something. First of all I was advised against using platinum for a tennis bracelet/necklace since the metal is too soft for a tennis setting and all the jewelers said it would stretch over time since they are linked together, but I was planning to wear it 24/7 and didn’t want to deal with rhodium plating or seeing plating wear off since I’m very allergic to nickel so insisted on a custom order in platinum.

Luckily when it fell off it always happened at home while I was changing my clothes but it did freak me out, so I had it tightened again and found the best way to wear them was to sandwich the bracelet between two Loves so the clasps never really stick out if that makes sense. The Loves act like a guard on both sides. It does cause more scratches on the Loves though, so I have since stopped wearing it 24/7 because I wasn’t expecting platinum to stretch and loosen so soon (less than 5 months of daily wear). People might have better luck with 14K white gold which is recommended since it’s more stiff as a metal, lighter, and “harder” therefore less prone to stretching and loosening.

I didn’t want to add a safety chain because I personally don’t like the look of it, but it’s definitely a good idea if you can tolerate the extra look of the chain.
Was it a box clasp? I've had problems in the past with a box clasp (I started my own thread on it and also posted once about it here) but the problem I had was a bent tongue but not the bracelet falling off. With a box clasp, you can only take off the bracelet if you also depress a raised diamond at the same time.

Was it a box clasp? I've had problems in the past with a box clasp (I started my own thread on it and also posted once about it here) but the problem I had was a bent tongue but not the bracelet falling off. With a box clasp, you can only take off the bracelet if you also depress a raised diamond at the same time.

Yes it’s a type of box clasp, and the tongue did loosen/bend in my case as well. I think it bent first because it got caught on some clothes while changing and the force loosened the tongue and the whole clasp came undone and snapped off my wrist. Everything was still intact though nothing “broke” per se, but after that it would come undone really easily with a small amount of force. The clasps always got caught on clothes hence I had to buffer the clasps with another bangle (clasps tucked under it) to prevent them from catching and bending/loosening again. After the tongue was repaired it’s been fine but I just didn’t want to risk it so I haven’t been wearing it 24/7 anymore.