Diamond Studs

The studs are here! :biggrin: I LOVE them but have already managed to lose one of the backs and can't find it :sad: Tried to get a replacement but no jewellers seem to stock them (for screwbacks) so unless I find the one I lost I may have to send the earrings back to the vendor next week so that they can make me a replacement set of backs :pout:

Here's a quick modelling pic of one on the ear - they are 0.54 carat each (1.08 total) set in an 18k white gold four prong setting:

Oh my! I love. :loveeyes::loveeyes: They are the perfect size and your pic even captured the sparkle. You will get so much wear out of these, such a great purchase. So happy it worked out for you, and I hope you find the back. You were probably so excited to try them on. :P

Here's a pic in the box - they are soooo white and sparkly! I am thrilled with them and after all the deliberating over what size to get these are perfect for me, I definitely don't think I would want to go any bigger for everyday. Ignore the rubbish lighting, it makes the left stud look as if there is a grey area but that is just an effect of the direct sunlight!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
They look great on you! They are a great size for your lobe :yahoo:

Sorry to hear you lost the back, maybe you will find it. This sounds weird, but try "combing" the carpet with your fingers if you have any carpet. I've had mine get stuck in the "fluffy" carpet I have at home.

Thanks! I'm sooo happy with them and the size! :yahoo: Thanks for the tip about the carpet, unfortunately as luck would have it we are selling our house and DH laid down hardwood floors only last week - wish the carpet had stayed as I might have more chance of finding the clasp! I heard it tinkle when it hit the floor but it must have bounced and rolled somewhere :sad:

Oh my! I love. :loveeyes::loveeyes: They are the perfect size and your pic even captured the sparkle. You will get so much wear out of these, such a great purchase. So happy it worked out for you, and I hope you find the back. You were probably so excited to try them on. :P

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! They really are little fireballs, the modelling pic was taken in dimmer light too :smile:

Lol, I was too excited trying them on - sat at the edge of the bed which was silly, should have used a table!

They are so pretty on you! Try sweeping the floor with a broom, it'll probably turn up. I've lost screw backs many times in my rr and that's what I do!

Beautiful! Great choice! Too bad about the backs. Somehow when ever I'd get new earrings a back falls pit of my fingers then never again. Takes a while to get used to new proportions perhaps?

Yes. Get down on your knees with a decent torch. That's how I find DH's contact lenses. Works everytime! Good luck!

The studs are here! :biggrin: I LOVE them but have already managed to lose one of the backs and can't find it :sad: Tried to get a replacement but no jewellers seem to stock them (for screwbacks) so unless I find the one I lost I may have to send the earrings back to the vendor next week so that they can make me a replacement set of backs :pout:

Here's a quick modelling pic of one on the ear - they are 0.54 carat each (1.08 total) set in an 18k white gold four prong setting:

Thanks ladies! I had another look for the back last night and couldn't find it - have a horrible feeling it may have rolled under the wardrobe but that is too big and heavy to move even without things in it! I'm now thinking about getting the studs reset sooner rather than later (YG martini setting on normal posts).. since I would have to fork out for new backs anyway.

Try using your vacuum cleaner, remove the floor attachment, put a sheer knee high over the nozzle with a rubber band to hold the knee high in place. If it hasn't rolled too far under the wardrobe, you may be able to get it. Good luck :smile:

Try using your vacuum cleaner, remove the floor attachment, put a sheer knee high over the nozzle with a rubber band to hold the knee high in place. If it hasn't rolled too far under the wardrobe, you may be able to get it. Good luck :smile:

Thanks for the great tip! I did try that tonight but the gap is so small between the floor and the wardrobe that I'm not sure the suction on the nozzle would have been powerful enough :sad: Oh well, knowing my luck the back will turn up when we move and all the furniture is taken out!

So I decided to get them reset in the end and should get them back at the end of next week :smile: My jeweller convinced me to stick to a four prong setting (he thinks it is more secure) but in 18k yellow gold and with normal posts rather than screwback ones. The YG should complement the I colour of the diamonds too and they will also match my solitaire pendant in this setting.

Just to buy a new set of backs would have worked out around a third of what I am paying him and that didn't make much sense when I always intended to get the earrings reset eventually anyway. No point in paying twice! Can't wait to get them back!

So I decided to get them reset in the end and should get them back at the end of next week :smile: My jeweller convinced me to stick to a four prong setting (he thinks it is more secure) but in 18k yellow gold and with normal posts rather than screwback ones. The YG should complement the I colour of the diamonds too and they will also match my solitaire pendant in this setting.

Just to buy a new set of backs would have worked out around a third of what I am paying him and that didn't make much sense when I always intended to get the earrings reset eventually anyway. No point in paying twice! Can't wait to get them back!

They will be so gorgeous in YG. I definitely want my studs when I invest in them to be in yellow gold.

Lol, great minds! :smile: I would love to see a pic when you get it, what colour did you go for? Thanks for your lovely comments! :smooch:

I had some issues with the sizing of the KDT - my wrist is not tiny but on the smaller side at 15cm / 6 inches (also my left wrist is 14.5 cm and I wanted to have the option of switching the KDT between wrists sometimes), but I still found the smaller size of the KDT quite restrictive.. whereas the bigger size spins around :sad: I did go for the bigger size in the end but am wondering whether the spinning will annoy me down the line!

I have owned a Clic Clac H before and the sizing of that seems to work better with the shape and size of my wrist, the PM size is perfect and also stacks neatly with the Love.

Hey, just wanted to show you a quick pic of the Micro Kelly I ordered. I absolutely didn't like it and shipped it back the same day. It didn't fit, too big and it felt kind of dinky, like not worth it. I was surprised I didn't like it. For this price point, I would rather go Cartier Trinity Cord Bracelet. I probably would have liked the normal Kelly better.

Hey, just wanted to show you a quick pic of the Micro Kelly I ordered. I absolutely didn't like it and shipped it back the same day. It didn't fit, too big and it felt kind of dinky, like not worth it. I was surprised I didn't like it. For this price point, I would rather go Cartier Trinity Cord Bracelet. I probably would have liked the normal Kelly better.

It looks nice with your Love, I'm sorry you didn't like it on though! It's funny how things can look different in real life isn't it. I felt like that with the Tiffany bow bead bracelet in silver, I bought one to stack with my watch last year but had to return it as it felt so flimsy and insubstantial for the price. Have you got any other bracelets in mind to get instead? :graucho: The Trinity Cord is very cute, I was considering that too before I ended up getting the KBT.

Last edited:
Update on my new earrings! I collected them from the jeweller this morning - they have been reset into 18k YG and I also had him appraise them, pleased to report they are exactly what they should be! Soooo happy with them and love the YG setting, it really complements the colour of the stones.

A bit of a rubbish pic but you get the idea!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 259