Diamond Cross Necklace

Chaton

May 19, 2019
I would like to purchase a diamond cross necklace. Normally I prefer necklaces to be in YG as it looks better against my skin tone near my face; however, I am open to RG (all my current bracelets and rings are in RG) and even though I don't prefer white metals, I am considering platinum but not white gold.

Cartier did make a small RG diamond cross necklace (symbols) at one time, but now they are all out of stock and discontinued. They still have the one in WG, but I don't prefer it. I am also willing to go with a bigger carat weight but not overly huge for a diamond cross.

I researched and saw that VCA did at one time make a diamond cross necklace, but it is now considered vintage. I wish VCA would make one in their Perlée line which I adore! I do like the sparkle of the chains made by VCA and Cartier.

I have also looked online at Tiffany's, Harry Winston, and Graff but of course, I haven't seen any in person.

Any thoughts or recommendations for a diamond cross necklace would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

@BigAkoya - Would you have any insight? You are always so insightful and thorough in your ideas and suggestions!

I would like to purchase a diamond cross necklace. Normally I prefer necklaces to be in YG as it looks better against my skin tone near my face; however, I am open to RG (all my current bracelets and rings are in RG) and even though I don't prefer white metals, I am considering platinum but not white gold.

Cartier did make a small RG diamond cross necklace (symbols) at one time, but now they are all out of stock and discontinued. They still have the one in WG, but I don't prefer it. I am also willing to go with a bigger carat weight but not overly huge for a diamond cross.

I researched and saw that VCA did at one time make a diamond cross necklace, but it is now considered vintage. I wish VCA would make one in their Perlée line which I adore! I do like the sparkle of the chains made by VCA and Cartier.

I have also looked online at Tiffany's, Harry Winston, and Graff but of course, I haven't seen any in person.

Any thoughts or recommendations for a diamond cross necklace would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

@BigAkoya - Would you have any insight? You are always so insightful and thorough in your ideas and suggestions!
Go to a local jeweler. You will get more bang for your buck. They can even custom make it to your liking.

Hi! I do have a suggestion!
For a diamond cross, I love love love the Tiffany Platinum Diamond cross. Tiffany makes a lot of crosses, and this is the one I am referring to. It comes in three sizes, and you can click to see which you prefer, but it's best to try it on in real life. You can also order online and return. Tiffany has free shipping/return.

The diamonds sparkle like crazy, you don't even see the metal, and best of all, the bale for the chain is integrated as part of the cross, so all you see is a gorgeous cross on a chain. The photos do not give this cross justice.

It is stunning in real life. I don't wear short necklaces as you know, but if I did, I would get one.
My friend has the small, and it's gorgeous, dainty, yet super sparkly. You may want to order the small and medium to compare the size you like.

No doubt in my mind, this would be my cross.
Hope this helps, and good luck in your decision!

Last edited:
For a diamond cross, I love love love the Tiffany Platinum Diamond cross. Tiffany makes a lot of crosses, and this is the one I am referring to. It comes in three sizes, and you can click to see which you prefer, but it's best to try it on in real life. You can also order online and return. Tiffany has free shipping/return.

The diamonds sparkle like crazy, you don't even see the metal, and best of all, the bale for the chain is integrated as part of the cross, so all you see is a gorgeous cross on a chain. The photos do not give this cross justice.

It is stunning in real life. I don't wear short necklaces as you know, but if I did, I would get one.
My friend has the small, and it's gorgeous, dainty, yet super sparkly. You may want to order the small and medium to compare the size you like.

I think there is one of these over at The Real Real, too.

@BigAkoya

Thank you so much for your input! Once again I'm sold on your advice! (I already purchased the Wolf Maria Cube!) LOL

Tiffany does have a nice selection of crosses and much more reasonable prices than HW especially for diamond weight and platinum. For years, I had moved away from Tiffany's (although one of my first jewelry pieces was the Tiffany gold locket, which I wore for decades) to other brands, but I think I will have to revisit!

Luckily, I have a boutique in my city; however, I think I might wait to purchase around my upcoming birthday in Honolulu to make it special and memorable. :lol: At which time, I can compare the Platinum ones and the YG ones in mini, small, and medium (although I think Medium is too big for my liking).

If I get it in platinum, which I think you favor, it will be my 1st platinum piece. I know the benefits of platinum vs. colored golds and it's superiority in diamond settings so I'm leaning toward platinum, but I will know more once I try them on and compare platinum and YG.

Also, I'm considering my future diamond earrings in a platinum setting so I might be mixing metals and wearing platinum for my ears and neck, which I never considered before because I didn't favor white metals so I'm opening a new, exciting chapter in my jewelry box! :P

But with your input, I no longer have to search for the brand to purchase from anymore! Thank you so much for your help again! :heart:
For size reference small vs medium cross. sorry about the lighting it’s night time here

View attachment 5789226

View attachment 5789227

@Peridot_Paradise

Thank you so much for the comparison pics - they are a HUGE help! :heart:

Out of curiosity, can I pick your brain as to why you decided to get one of each of the metals and your pros/cons or dislikes/likes of each? I assume you just wanted the variety of size and different metals depending on your particular mood or outfit.

I'm still deciding on sizing and plan to compare the mini vs. small and still undecided on platinum or YG. I love that there's beading on the cross, which matches my VCA POG items. I will definitely have to see these items in person for my final decision.

It's obvious you LOVED this cross so much that you got two! :loveeyes:

Reactions: BigAkoya
I am so glad it was helpful. I, too, and a fan of Tiffany (my e-Ring is Tiffany).
Like you, I have been in and out. When you go to Tiffany, take a look at their platinum diamond pieces. Tiffany makes beautiful colored gemstones set in platiunum.

On the choice of metal for your cross...
You know me too well! I'm a huge fan of platinum, especially for diamonds. The platinum takes a back seat and the diamonds becomes the star to sparkle! There is no metal to compete. I think of platinum as a neutral.
If you plan to get platinum diamond earrings in the future, the platinum cross necklace will be stunning.

You can't go wrong with either metal; the diamond will just pop a bit more against platinum.
However, you might like seeing yellow gold metal.

Also, since there are so many sizes, maybe you can try on the size and metal in your local store.
Then, when you are ready to buy, you'll know the exact size and metal you want and can call ahead to be sure they have it in stock to make your day super special.

Good luck to you, and an early Happy Birthday!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chaton
I hope you choose the Tiffany because I have one too! As I am petite, the small one suits me best. Mine is in platinum and I first wore it with my wedding gown. It really sparkles and I have never regretted getting it.
I also always wear a platinum set Cartier diamond cross with Pt chain whenever I travel, especially when I fly. I don't know when I started, but it's become a habit for me. These are my fave crosses purchased by me, I also have some which are gifts.
Would love to see what you decide on.

• Love
Reactions: BigAkoya and Chaton
I hope you choose the Tiffany because I have one too! As I am petite, the small one suits me best. Mine is in platinum and I first wore it with my wedding gown. It really sparkles and I have never regretted getting it.
I also always wear a platinum set Cartier diamond cross with Pt chain whenever I travel, especially when I fly. I don't know when I started, but it's become a habit for me. These are my fave crosses purchased by me, I also have some which are gifts.
Would love to see what you decide on.

@periogirl28

Gosh, everyone is leaning toward the platinum, which I know is best when set with high quality diamonds! I am going to have to make myself get use to a white metal on myself! I'm just going to have to stop myself from going the YG route! LOL

Or I will just end up with two Tiffany crosses like @Peridot_Paradise !!

That is good to know that you are petite and the Small size cross suits you best, as I am also very petite. I think perhaps the mini will be too mini so the small will probably just right (not too little & not too big at the same time = No Buyer's Remorse for going too small!!)

Can you post a pic of your Cartier diamond cross set? That must be vintage and gorgeous since I don't think Cartier has made any symbol type items in platinum in a long time.

I'm so thankful for this forum because so many users have done the research and know their stuff! :heart:

@periogirl28

Gosh, everyone is leaning toward the platinum, which I know is best when set with high quality diamonds! I am going to have to make myself get use to a white metal on myself! I'm just going to have to stop myself from going the YG route! LOL

Or I will just end up with two Tiffany crosses like @Peridot_Paradise !!

That is good to know that you are petite and the Small size cross suits you best, as I am also very petite. I think perhaps the mini will be too mini so the small will probably just right (not too little & not too big at the same time = No Buyer's Remorse for going too small!!)

Can you post a pic of your Cartier diamond cross set? That must be vintage and gorgeous since I don't think Cartier has made any symbol type items in platinum in a long time.

I'm so thankful for this forum because so many users have done the research and know their stuff! :heart:
IMG_1293.jpeg
I hope this is a good enough photo. I am actually travelling at the moment so I have it with me. It's quite small and discreet and this is a non-Cartier PT chain I have swapped out for comfort. HTH!