Dhl express package held by customs for international shipment.

Update 1/31 package has finally arrives after 3 weeks! It was released from customs 1/11 and had been sitting at DHL Cincinnati Hub for 2 weeks total. I emailed the CEO of US DHL Express and was able to get someone to help me get the package moving, and it was delivered today! Minor damages on corners and scratches on inner flap, it mightve been damaged by customs, since it was pristine when packaged. Does anyone think i should file a damage claim with Dhl at this point? Im just soooo happy this nightmare is over with and finally recieved my unicorn! Thank you for eveyone who replied and helped out! Ive learned so much about the international shipping process since then, and have determined that it is just not worth purchasing overseas for me anymore. This will be my last Chanel for awhile. If anyone needs info on how to deal with a matter like this feel free to directly message me and i will glady give you some advice.
If the bag arrived damaged, I would certainly file a claim. It should not have been opened--the documents alone should have sufficed, but the fact it was, and then the contents damaged is inexcusable.

It usually is. Your government should have a chart that tells you.
I have looked up the amount on the Canadian customs site, but DHL is a different service and I am having a hard time getting them to reply to my inquiry. I have heard horror stories about their "brokerage" and hidden fees.

If the bag arrived damaged, I would certainly file a claim. It should not have been opened--the documents alone should have sufficed, but the fact it was, and then the contents damaged is inexcusable.

Customs has full right to conduct a physical inspection of anything that comes into the country and, to my understanding, in the US they are generally not liable for any damage caused as a result of that inspection, even if the testing is destructive.

I have looked up the amount on the Canadian customs site, but DHL is a different service and I am having a hard time getting them to reply to my inquiry. I have heard horror stories about their "brokerage" and hidden fees.
In the us…I purchased a bag from Singapore. Came dhl. Paid 4500 something for the bag. Paid 400 for customs and then paid another 400-450 for sales tax from my state.

Reactions: Toby93
Wow, I've never heard of anyone paying double taxes before.

I don’t think it was double taxes. Sounds like she paid duty and then the state sought the taxes owed. Where I live they do it all at once. Taxes, duty and customs brokerage fee (if sent through a commercial carrier)

*sorry for parroting the following posts. should have read to the end first

I need help!!! Bought a bag from Vestiaire Collective and they shipped it from France.. Rejected by customs twice!!!! the first time it was rejected they asked me for the manufacturer name and address- I gave them Vestiaire Collective name and France address. rejected again!!! I have contacted VC and they said they will submit paperwork to them but I don't know what to do!!! Am I supposed to tell them whats in the box??