Desperate Housewives Marcia Cross expecting TWINS

Japster

May 8, 2006
Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross, 44, and her new husband Tom Mahoney are expecting not one, but two babies in April. Us Weekly reports in this week's issue that the couple underwent IVF and were pleasantly surprised to find out that they're expecting twins.

That's great! She seems like a very nice person (though when I think about her on Melrose, I can't get that one scene where she is in the bathroom and takes off her wig and you see that huge scar on her scalp!)

Hooray for them! I wonder if we will see her pregnant belly on DH. :smile:

it said in one of the weekly mags this week that they are incorporating the pregnancy into the show!

wonder who the father is going to be :biggrin:

In real life though, that is lovely news. Two precious bundles, and as she is in her forties its great that she will have two babes in one go.

What I really like and appreciate about her is that she has been honest about the process of becoming pregnant at the age of 44. She has said right upfront that she did not want women thinking that pregnancy at that age is likely to be natural or easy.

Congratulations to her and her husband. Peggy

What I really like and appreciate about her is that she has been honest about the process of becoming pregnant at the age of 44. She has said right upfront that she did not want women thinking that pregnancy at that age is likely to be natural or easy.

Congratulations to her and her husband. Peggy
I totally agree! It is so great that she is being honest and upfront about the IVF! Good for her--hope the pregnancy goes well and the little ones don't come too early!

I totally agree! It is so great that she is being honest and upfront about the IVF! Good for her--hope the pregnancy goes well and the little ones don't come too early!

I agree too - we hear about all of these "celebrities" having children well into their 40's - unfortunately, that publicity can make women believe that it's no big deal to put off having children until later in life (of course circumstances have more than a lot to do with it). It's NOT that easy getting pregnant after 40 - the majority of couples (or women alone) need intervention.

Luckily, I had mine in my early and mid 20's - and they are all grown up!